ATSC 3.0 Discussion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Trip, You mean same old call letter in ATSC 3.0 world?

How you know if the station is operating 2 transmitters 1 is ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 under the same call letter KOAT-DT?

ATSC 3.0 should have original -?? Instead of - DT?:)

Easy, IF it's broadcasting ATSC 3.0, you won't be able to receive it. At least until you have an ATSC 3.0 tuner...

Yes, but look In the FCC'S Database looking for which ATSC 3.0 stations is on the air or not, also to see if they got CP permits granted by the FCC.

I hope I clear this up. :hatsoff

Isn't there a requirement to keep a 1.0 signal lit for 5 years once a 3.0 simulcast begins?

Yes, BUT, it doesn't have to be on the same tower broadcasting ATSC 3.0. Meaning most of these early ones will be a lighthouse situation where that tower is 3.0 ONLY, and their 1.0 signals will be broadcast from channel sharing on another station that's only 1.0 and the like.

Yes, BUT, it doesn't have to be on the same tower broadcasting ATSC 3.0. Meaning most of these early ones will be a lighthouse situation where that tower is 3.0 ONLY, and their 1.0 signals will be broadcast from channel sharing on another station that's only 1.0 and the like.

So the old station would piggyback as a sub-channel on a sister, or as a sub-channel via agreement with a competitor's station, but it would cease being a .1 after it lites up its 3.0 tower?

Yes. And that might drive people to.....

The ATSC 3 folks are playing a long game.

Long game.

Start this year, start the five year ticker going. Get active about it in three years. Publicize then, and push STBs.

Reactions: TheKrell
Long game.

Start this year, start the five year ticker going. Get active about it in three years. Publicize then, and push STBs.
Or perhaps push those that still prefer OTA to go to streaming or pay TV due to crappy PQ. I predict an industry full court press of the FCC to MANDATE ATSC 3.0 adoption.

Reactions: TheKrell
I’ve wondered about that. Never could understand why it wasn’t pushed already. I guess they figured the risk of losing all approval was too great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)