ATSC 3.0 Discussion

As of today, the SiliconDust kickstarter for the ATSC 3.0 Quatro device has raised $518,137. That's well above the $50,000 they needed for production.

I'm in for the $199.99 Quatro in July. Kansas City is slated to be an initial-launch market, so there should be something to watch by then.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
If you watch that video, you'll see there are a couple of DRM encrypted feeds on the Phoenix test channel.

CBS in Phoenix is running 1080p60 on the test feed.

With the new HDHR device, you can really dig deep into the properties of each 3.0 feed.

Reactions: N5XZS and bluegras
Pay TV may be in some IP tier, but I really doubt diginets will be sold. Right now they are all free and people would not stand for it. OTA is on a surge and antennas are going up, so I doubt TV stations will want to lose viewers. After all the diginets run commercials. Now special sports, PPV, or Premium movies can be sold. But with so much free OTA TV, plus streaming, I doubt TV stations will be selling commercial diginets.

Look at Pluto free streaming service with ads and some stations are uncut and uncensored.

I would not be surprised this would be beginning dawn of ad supported R-rated diginet networks regardless of the FCC likes it or not.

FCC needs to grow up accept the reality in Corona virus and 2nd great Depression where are lots of people can't afford pay TV streaming services or pay cable and satellite services.

Also FCC needs to stop relying on PTC's false information and reporting and be more open minded.

The people are tired of seeing high quality movies or R-rated TV shows are being chopped up and censored. :(

This will be free to air OTA Pluto TV versions!:)

No pay TV services will survive on FTA OTA world.:rolleyes:

This is a brave new world my friends!:hatsoff

The people are tired of seeing high quality movies or R-rated TV shows are being chopped up and censored. :(

I have never understood why people feel that a high quality movie has to include filth. If a movie is truly great it does not need nudity or bad language.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: Kent4499 and Elsguy
I doubt TV stations will want to lose viewers.

There metric is not how many viewers they have, but rather their total income. If TV stations really cared more about viewers, they would not be charging exorbitant retransmission fees.
I have never understood why people feel that a high quality movie has to include filth. If a movie is truly great it does not need nudity or bad language.

You forgot to mention horrific graphic violence! It apparently sells, or they would not produce such violence AND filth.

Reactions: osu1991
It apparently sells, or they would not produce such violence AND filth.

Let the sin begin!

Reactions: Howard Simmons
There's lots of a good classic R-rated TV and movies out there! :) :clapping

Like, Saving Private Ryan, Animal House, American Pie, Alien, Predator, Delomotion Man,The Postman,Starship Troopers, Patriot, 3:10 Yuma,Road Warrior, Porkys , Moscow on the Hudison River and R-rated TV shows, Games of Thrones, Star Trek Picard and Discovery, NYPD Blues, Soprano, Arl$$, Sex and the City and so many more.:hatsoff:cool:

That's why it should be presented untouched and uncensored in free to air OTA world.

No need to have unnecessary cutting up the fine movies except for TV commercials breaks. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)