ATSC3

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Will there be support for ATSC3 external usb tuners for the osmio4k?

What ATSC3 USB tuner is available and is it supporting DRM?
From what I have read, all ATSC 3.0 tuners have DRM. I was just looking at the A683 ATSC 3.0 USB Digital OTA Tuner.

Doesn't exist anymore, since the providers turned on DRM. It has to be reengineered to do so, and that might never happen now, or at least not soon.
I just saw a YouTube review of the box version and it has the NextGen logo and receives DRM transmissions just fine.

Check out Lon.TV's YouTube channel.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I've been watching some YT videos about ATSC 3.0 and I'm going to hold off on upgrading my stuff. I'm trying to reduce my costs, not increase them by having to pay subscription fees or PPV for OTA. Besides, they haven't ironed out the details of ATSC 3.0 with DRM.

Reactions: Captain Midnight
I've been watching some YT videos about ATSC 3.0 and I'm going to hold off on upgrading my stuff. I'm trying to reduce my costs, not increase them by having to pay subscription fees or PPV for OTA. Besides, they haven't ironed out the details of ATSC 3.0 with DRM.
Exactly my point. I've tried telling people to relax and wait for things to develop. I'm not missing anything from 3.0 that I cannot find on my 1.0 channels.