"Attention 395" notice

M

Michael252

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
(near) Dallas, Texas
Almost daily, I get an "Attention 395" notice that states that I unplugged a USB adapter. I've had this Hopper 3 for about 6 months and have never plugged in a USB adapter, much less removed one. Anyone know why this happens?

Thanks!

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell
HipKat

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
Almost daily, I get an "Attention 395" notice that states that I unplugged a USB adapter. I've had this Hopper 3 for about 6 months and have never plugged in a USB adapter, much less removed one. Anyone know why this happens?

Thanks!
It's an error, for sure. The unit may need replaced

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons and charlesrshell
M

Michael252

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
(near) Dallas, Texas
I'm certainly not going to replace it for a message that pops up once a day. I was just curious as to what it means. It clears with a button-push, or it will clear on its own after a few minutes.

S

Satech5563

Jun 7, 2007

Thanks!
Is it possible you have an off-air antenna plugged in and it's coming loose? I have one that runs off my USB.

Tampa8

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
There is no USB adapter on my Hopper and never has been.

If you have one, try putting one in. Or do that then unplug it, get the message maybe once and it goes away?

Reactions: TRG and charlesrshell
E

ethanlerma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2021
Texas
I believe the internal wireless chipset is seen as a usb device to the rest of the device, so it could be a failing wifi card. Ill do some googling.

Reactions: TheKrell and charlesrshell
E

ethanlerma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2021
Texas
Just pulled my Wally out of the closet and did some experimenting. Here are my findings:

Wifi adapter (connect)= Wally displays no message, wireless option appears in internet settings. Hopper3 does nothing.
Wifi adapter (disconnect)= Wally displays message 395 (Wireless adapter disconnected), Hopper3 does nothing.

Bluetooth adapter (connect)= Wally displays no message, BT option appears in settings. Hopper3 does nothing.
Bluetooth adapter (disconnect)= Wally displays no message, BT option disappears in settings. Hopper3 does nothing.

OTA dongle (connect)= Wally displays message 977 (OTA tuner detected) and prompts for a restart, Hopper3 has the same behavior.
OTA dongle (disconnect)= Wally displays no message, signal loss message 739 if you try to play a OTA channel. Hopper3 has the same behavior.

Given there is no prompt for removing a wifi adapter on a H3 (the LED on the stick didn't even turn on, so no drivers were loaded), and if the OP is right about there being no usb devices connected, my best guess is failing wifi chipset, and that means defective H3.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell and charlesrshell
V

victorb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 14, 2004
California
I have been getting this same message on and off for over a year on our hopper 3. Don't have any USB devices plugged into it.
I just hit Cancel on the remote and carry on.

Reactions: Bobby and charlesrshell
S

Susied

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 22, 2017
Texas
We get that message daily as well. You say, hit a button, no problem. Well yes, unless you’re in the middle of watching Casablanca and have it back 30 minutes, then you miss that thirty minutes because it interrupts the dvr. (which was what I was doing today)
Ive never had a USB connected to any of the receiver.