"Attention 395" notice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Michael252

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
(near) Dallas, Texas
Almost daily, I get an "Attention 395" notice that states that I unplugged a USB adapter. I've had this Hopper 3 for about 6 months and have never plugged in a USB adapter, much less removed one. Anyone know why this happens?

Thanks!

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell
Almost daily, I get an "Attention 395" notice that states that I unplugged a USB adapter. I've had this Hopper 3 for about 6 months and have never plugged in a USB adapter, much less removed one. Anyone know why this happens?

Thanks!
Is it possible you have an off-air antenna plugged in and it's coming loose? I have one that runs off my USB.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just pulled my Wally out of the closet and did some experimenting. Here are my findings:

Wifi adapter (connect)= Wally displays no message, wireless option appears in internet settings. Hopper3 does nothing.
Wifi adapter (disconnect)= Wally displays message 395 (Wireless adapter disconnected), Hopper3 does nothing.

Bluetooth adapter (connect)= Wally displays no message, BT option appears in settings. Hopper3 does nothing.
Bluetooth adapter (disconnect)= Wally displays no message, BT option disappears in settings. Hopper3 does nothing.

OTA dongle (connect)= Wally displays message 977 (OTA tuner detected) and prompts for a restart, Hopper3 has the same behavior.
OTA dongle (disconnect)= Wally displays no message, signal loss message 739 if you try to play a OTA channel. Hopper3 has the same behavior.

Given there is no prompt for removing a wifi adapter on a H3 (the LED on the stick didn't even turn on, so no drivers were loaded), and if the OP is right about there being no usb devices connected, my best guess is failing wifi chipset, and that means defective H3.

Last edited:
We get that message daily as well. You say, hit a button, no problem. Well yes, unless you’re in the middle of watching Casablanca and have it back 30 minutes, then you miss that thirty minutes because it interrupts the dvr. (which was what I was doing today)
Ive never had a USB connected to any of the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)