Audio problem - 622

I am in Fremont, CA and I am having the same problem on my 722..
I thought my Simpson recording has gone bad last week, but this week's episode has the same problem..
I am glad it's not my setup, but knowning Dish..I doubt we will see this issue resolved anytime soon..

This problem is really bad. It happened again last night on Fox shows.

It did NOT happen during the day when I recorded Nascar.

So it only happens at night around primetime??? How is this possible?

Well, chalk up St. Louis locals on the list. After reading another forum as well, looks like it's limited to locals (St Louis and San Francisco were verified there), only on DVR or delay (live didn't stutter or clip).

For me, it's horrible on shows like Fox's House. This HAS to be fixed! I'd horrid to miss you favorite show because of a software glitch when you're paying $100 a month to make sure you get to see it!

I've had to stop watching Jeopardy on Dish DVR from KGO in San Francisco. It's really annoying when you can't hear half of the answers. Every episode for the last 3-4 months exhibits this problem -- fine when it's live, but audio dropout quite often when watching on DVR.

I've had to stop watching Jeopardy on Dish DVR from KGO in San Francisco. It's really annoying when you can't hear half of the answers. Every episode for the last 3-4 months exhibits this problem -- fine when it's live, but audio dropout quite often when watching on DVR.

I've had the exact same experience here in Portand, OR.

Update: just received this email from DishQuality

Dear [Miggity],

Thank you for your information! Our Software Team for the 622/722 receivers is still working on this issue. To investigate this issue, our Software Engineering team is currently dissecting some of the boxes that we have retrieved from customers. The fix will most likely come in the form of a software download. We have been looking into the issue diligently and trying to get it resolved. It will be a matter of getting the problem identified and then corrected. We have received word that progress is being made by the Software team who are addressing this problem. As with any receiver software upgrade this includes development and testing prior to any release to customers. We are confident that a fix is on the way but as yet have no definite date.

We appreciate the time DISH Network customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience, information, and for being a valued customer.

EchoStar Technologies LLC
Quality Assurance Department
dishquality@echostar.com

Last edited:
Same Problem

I live in San Antonio, TX and I am having the same problem with my local ABC station. I don't ever DVR anything on FOX so I don't know if that is the same here as with all the other threads I have read. I have called the tech support line twice in the last week and they said they knew nothing about this problem and that it's most likley just a problem with my local station. Are they ever going to get this thing fixed???

I've also posted on dbstalk with this same problem and want to post here to keep myself updated on any solutions. Looks like no solution and it's been a problem for most of the summer, for me at least. Problems with Family Guy and Ugly Betty - HD. Also, our local HD channels were out last night from 10-11pm...not the first time!

Hope a solution soon or cable it'll have to be. :(

Does this problem exist for everyone with HD locals, or just some people?

Same problems here for me in Dallas...Only I don't notice it on ABC. REALLY horrible on Fox, and like others, it's only on playback of DVR or if I backup the live show. It's far worse on Sunday night animation than it is on House and Fringe. I get the same crap with my 622 and 722, so I highly doubt it's hardware related. I don't think I noticed it until we were so generously upgraded to "TURBO HD". Yay, thanks. I'd like my regular HD back, 'cuz if I can't hear it, doesn't really matter what it looks like!!

Same problems here for me in Dallas...Only I don't notice it on ABC. REALLY horrible on Fox, and like others, it's only on playback of DVR or if I backup the live show. It's far worse on Sunday night animation than it is on House and Fringe. I get the same crap with my 622 and 722, so I highly doubt it's hardware related. I don't think I noticed it until we were so generously upgraded to "TURBO HD". Yay, thanks. I'd like my regular HD back, 'cuz if I can't hear it, doesn't really matter what it looks like!!

Yep, here in Dallas its the Fox station that I have the problem with. Very bad audio clipping with Family Guy/Simpsons/American Dad/etc. So annoying.

I have noticed some intermittent audio problems from time to time.
However, we have been having trouble on our 622 with the audio going completely out on our
main tuner. If we leave the system off over night the audio comes back the next day. This
problem has also been random.

Same here. I have 722 and 622. I don't watch the 622 enough to see if it is on there, but it is definitely happening on the 722. My audio is coming through the HDMI to a Yamaha receiver.

Same here. I have 722 and 622. I don't watch the 622 enough to see if it is on there, but it is definitely happening on the 722. My audio is coming through the HDMI to a Yamaha receiver.
Ditto on the 622/722. I have both also. I have confirmed that it is a receiver problem so don't blame HDMI/Yamaha. You can check this out if you have your 722 hooked up to two TVs. I get the same dropouts on TV2 that of course has different cabling and sound circuitry.

Also, it's not the receiver per se. Dish replaced my receiver and it didn't help the problem.

I'm getting this on more than just locals. SciFi, Discovery and Cinemax all do audio stuttering. SciFi was nearly unwatchable during Atlantis, not only did I get the audio drops, but I got video stuttering as well.

I since deleted everything off my DVR and am torrenting all the shows from the last two weeks. I'm wondering if it is even worth contacting Dish about this problem, as they don't seem to be progressing at all.

A few days ago I called about this. I was tolerating it until it started turning the Dolby decoder off and on on my Onkyo.:mad: The CSR I spoke with told me it was a known problem that engineering was working on. (I knew that) But he did write up an Engineering Report with my information just to add to the pile.

This topic is being discussed on many different threads, but bottom line is that its an issue DISH has known about and have been working on for a long time. I live in Raleigh area and only experience the problem on recorded ABC shows (or delayed, even for a few seconds). It is so bad, my wife is furious! She loves Grey's Anatomy and Boston Legal and we never watch them live. Our two year contract is up in Feb '09 and if DISH doesn't have this fixed by then, we will be back with Directv.

I live in Teller County Colorado and have the same problem with audio on ABC live and recorded. I do not get OTA and do not have any locals in HD. Very annoying and all i get from Dish is they are working on it.

<raising hand> I have also been experiencing the same problem on my 722 in the Seattle/Tacoma area... I am guessing for about a couple of months...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)