Audio scrambled on Echo7

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LesS

Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
I have noticed as of July 7 that a lot of the audio channels that I used to receive on my Pansat 330a are now showing up as scrambled. I was wondering if others have seen the same?
Les

Sirius is gone..they finally scrambled them :(
Muzak still works as of last night..
About 20 audio channels on ExpressVu switched Tp's (gave me a heart attack there...I had lost Power 97 until I found out it moved TP's)

I went through NIMIQ 1 and NIMIQ 2 in their entirety last night and updated new channel positions on all transponders. For a peek, look at the lists in the MPEG-2 section of our website at www.global-cm.net

It was definitely a bad day...losing all of the free SIRIUS audio on 119,
then TARBS pulling the plug, ExpressVu rearranging about a third of their channels, and a false alarm on the Anchorage channels (some technical adjustments put them into what appeared to be a scrambled mode for a few hours, but they seem to be back now).

Mike Kohl
Global Communications

I seen some posts where some subscribers claimed to be receiving the Sirius channels for free even if they only had the AT60 package by going to the EPG. They may have scrambled them as a result or Sirius may not have wanted their channels in the clear since they think it may affect their pay service that they have for the car or home. I would say that would explain why the Sirius channels got scrambled and the other audio stations didnt. I also read a post where someone mentioned that they would never bother with it, but they did.

I was amazed that they got scrambled.....I guess Dish DID have the bandwith to scramble them (I didnt think they could)

Status
Please reply by conversation.