Audio/video breakups in 6.10 and the last OTA channel tuned (Some Fixes here)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have very strong OTA channels and I as well have fine tune them with other signal strength meters and I still have Audio & Video Dropouts now mater what channel I go to over the air then back. I have tried a hard reboot and soft reboot , I hear there is a fix coming and it needs to be soon.

Picture breakups can be caused by many different factors. That "Weak OTA" bug is only one of possible causes:

1. Dish is not pointed correctly (weak satellite signal);
2. Some intermittent obstructions (e.g. trees waiving in the wind);
3. Severe weather conditions in the line of site (e.g. a distant thunderstorm);
4. Poor electric connection (could result in intermittent problems);
5. Dish mount is not solid enough ("wind fade");
6. Source problems (usually channel-specific);
7. Uplink problems (e.g. bad weather conditions at the uplink facility);
8. Hardware defect (in the STB or in the LNB);
9. Increased solar activity;
10. "Weak OTA" bug in version 6.10.​
Here are some troubleshooting tips to help you find the source of your problem:

1. Check if the problem is channel-specific (if so, it's not on your end: not much you can do).
2. While on a satellite channel, check the signal strength and quality readings (for both satellite and OTA).
3. If the Satellite Quality is always below 90, you might need to re-peak the dish.
4. If the Satellite Quality is slowly dropping, this might be caused by a distant thunderstorm or rain in the LOS. Check your weather radar.
5. If the satellite Quality fluctuates significantly, check your line of site for trees or other obstructions.
6. If the OTA Signal Quality jumps all the time, while you are on a satellite channel (say, between 40s and 80s), the breakups on your satellite channels are caused by that unstable OTA channel. This is what this thread is about. Switch to a more stable OTA channel by entering its number, and then press BACK to get back to your satellite channel. Check the OTA readings again. Make sure the OTA Signal Quality does not jump. If it still does, try another OTA channel.​

thanks!

just joined this forum, and you guys just solved my issue. excellent, excellent. i was about to go saw a tree branch (no kidding!) because the breakups seemed to be getting worse, I tuned to the strongest OTA station and the breakups are gone. still want the fix from voom, but hey, this'll do for now! thanks again!

jmcbrg said:
just joined this forum, and you guys just solved my issue. excellent, excellent. i was about to go saw a tree branch (no kidding!) because the breakups seemed to be getting worse, I tuned to the strongest OTA station and the breakups are gone. still want the fix from voom, but hey, this'll do for now! thanks again!
jmcbrg, welcome to the forum!
I am glad it helped. VOOM engineers are aware of this problem and are working on a fix.

Since the 6.10 upgrade, my TV has become unviewable. TV screen goes black, after reset (unplug box, then plug it back in, resetting at the front panel does no good). the picture returns but goes black again after 10 or 15 seconds. Is this the same problem that this thread refers to, if not I need to find out what the problem is. I called Voom and the CSR said there are no reported problems with the 6.10 software and I need to go up to the dish and check my connections. Everything is connected as it should be.

lsh1885,

Check the signal readings (HELP+INFO+OK+Dn+Dn) and try other troubleshooting tips I mentioned above.

Apparently my problem is the "weak OTA bug". After tuning to my strongest OTA station (99), I have not lost the signal on any of the satellite channels. I was not aware of this workaround until now. Thanks for the info!!

Have the same general issue since 6.10 of audio/video dropouts, but today noticed something interesting.
All my sound goes thru a receiver, I was listening to radio on my receiver this morning and getting the same type of audio dropouts. Then I noticed that my Voom box green light was turned on (it has done this a few times overnight since 6.10, have read on these forums that this happens to others too)
Have tried the receiver since with Voom box off, and no dropouts on radio. Seems the Voom box is impacting the receiver in some way, even though the receiver is set to radio? Has this happened to anyone else, or make sense to anyone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts