Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Is there an Auto Refresh on the sight, so you don't have to hit the refresh in your browser all the time ?
Maybe like every minute or two ?

Jimbo

If you use Firefox, there's an add-on that will do it. There are downsides to such a feature too.... Think about it.

If you use Firefox, there's an add-on that will do it. There are downsides to such a feature too.... Think about it.

I do use firefox ....
What is the add on and what are the downsides ????
You can always turn it back off , right ?

Thanks Hall

I don't use it or have it installed anymore, but a Google search for "firefox auto refresh" turns up "Reload Every..." as the first result. That sounds familiar.

Opera has it built in. That's what I usually use.

I also like the fact that it remembers the tabs I had open the last time I closed the browser and loads them up again. I usually keep a lot of tabs open, most of which are for Satguys. :eek:

I'm using the ISpy method (NOW) but I didn't know it existed before reading this post earlier today. I was looking for something like this on the site a while back, is it listed anywhere? Are there other features like this that may be lingering around that we don't know about?

I think it's great and I will be using it for sure.

Thanks again.

BTW, I havn't been using the auto reload on Opera, because I find that it is annoying, as it slows down the browsing I am doing on my own. I tend to go and refresh the pages I want anyway.

He didn't say what he needs it for, but your guess might be right.

The downside of the other auto-refresh methods is it reloads the page no matter what you're doing. You might be going to push a "Reply" button and it reloads. A new post may have been added, so now things shift and the button has moved... Or, what if you have a reply box open and are typing in it ? Some browsers and/or websites will clear the text box ! That would be real annoying !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)