Auto refresh

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Is there an Auto Refresh on the sight, so you don't have to hit the refresh in your browser all the time ?
Maybe like every minute or two ?

Jimbo

If you use Firefox, there's an add-on that will do it. There are downsides to such a feature too.... Think about it.

If you use Firefox, there's an add-on that will do it. There are downsides to such a feature too.... Think about it.

I do use firefox ....
What is the add on and what are the downsides ????
You can always turn it back off , right ?

Thanks Hall

I don't use it or have it installed anymore, but a Google search for "firefox auto refresh" turns up "Reload Every..." as the first result. That sounds familiar.

Opera has it built in. That's what I usually use.

I also like the fact that it remembers the tabs I had open the last time I closed the browser and loads them up again. I usually keep a lot of tabs open, most of which are for Satguys. :eek:

I'm using the ISpy method (NOW) but I didn't know it existed before reading this post earlier today. I was looking for something like this on the site a while back, is it listed anywhere? Are there other features like this that may be lingering around that we don't know about?

I think it's great and I will be using it for sure.

Thanks again.

BTW, I havn't been using the auto reload on Opera, because I find that it is annoying, as it slows down the browsing I am doing on my own. I tend to go and refresh the pages I want anyway.

He didn't say what he needs it for, but your guess might be right.

The downside of the other auto-refresh methods is it reloads the page no matter what you're doing. You might be going to push a "Reply" button and it reloads. A new post may have been added, so now things shift and the button has moved... Or, what if you have a reply box open and are typing in it ? Some browsers and/or websites will clear the text box ! That would be real annoying !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)