Auto-Tune A Program On Both H3 And Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hey, I am the one at fault here, I was speaking of my HWS, I finally rememberd this thread is about the H3. Sorry, but NOT sorry you shared your information. It does STINK that we can't access the timer creation screen as in the previous Hoppers. Man, I am just waiting for the DPH42 for two H3's, but I have to admit that I keep finding out how many features have been changed--NOT for the better--on the H3. Again, it is probably Dish thinking that Auto Tune is just not so relavent today.

Once again, thank you for sharing. This is another death by 1000 cuts in accepting the changes of the H3 :)
I am on carbon UI now on H2000 & HWS, and you have to select record, go back and edit timer, to see autotune

I have 2 hopper with sling receivers running the old software version S542. To auto tune you need select record this, and then edit the timer to change the type from DVR to Auto Tune. So it acts identical to the hopper 3. The extra step is not a problem.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes. I've encountered that limitation cited in your conclusion a few times, although I can't remember the circumstances, but I do remember how FRUSRTATING it was. I don't think most people come accros this, but when I did a few , I was a bit peturbed because I had some good reason to do what it can't do once a timer has been created.

I suppose this goes in the "it would be useful feature, but most people probably don't need it, so Dish does not spend the time and $$ developing it" basket. But I could've used it at least a few times. Dish probably envisions that the DVR and each client to be used by different people rather than the same person, but in different rooms, or differnt people want to record the same show, but with different settings in the timer, so they probably just didn't bother having it work the way we sometimes we would like it to.

Not being a software developer, I imagine that the "fix" would be rather easy to implement and the solution is simple.

Since you already have to edit the timer to set it to auto tune, why not include an option as to which devices the auto-tuner works on? This would be similar to the function where you can send a recording directly to a folder. The default would be for a timer to auto tune to the device on which the timer was set. But if you wanted to do what I'm suggesting, you could choose to have the timer triggered on any number of devices in the HWS setup as an option.

I guess we could count this thread as a "feature request" since it's now obvious I'm not the only person wanting this.

I'm not at home to try...
but,
If it's a regularly scheduled event,
Could you set a manual timer and make it auto-tune?
Could multiple manual timers be set and auto-tuned with same time/chanel on multiple/separate h3/joeys?

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

I did a search and did not see anything that directly focused on this. Or, if it was there, I didn't see it. Regardless, the topic is pretty self-explanatory.

Is it possible to set an auto tuner so that it executes across multiple devices in an H3 setup? i.e., I want all EPL matches on NBCSN (or FA Cup matches on FS1) to auto tune on both the main H3 as well as two of my three Joeys.

I haven't seen a way to do it... but if such a way exists, I'd love to know about it.
I tried this today and it worked.

Separately, from each location,
Setup MANUAL timer, which can be specified as auto-tune.
You will end up with multiple auto-tune timer events on timer page.

Unfortunately, you cannot utilize program title search.
But, you can choose between
once, weekly, weekdays, daily.

So, to be very specific...

On H3 in living room,
select dvr,
select timers,
Select options (red button),
Select crrate a timer,
Choose channel (140),
Choose frequency (daily),
Choose time (1100am),
Choose type (auto-tune),
Choose folder (no-folder, not matter, not recording).
Choose priority, (114).
Select create.

Goto main timers page and see timer (114) as auto-tune created at living room.

Goto to family room joey,
repeat process to setup another manual auto-tune timer.
Goto main timers page and see what looks like 2 identical timers (114/115).
except 114 specifies living room
And 115 specifies family room.
Each programmed location will auto-tune channel 140 at 1100am.

Of course, your location/time/channel/freq specifics will be different.

Hope this helps...
:)

That's a good thing for something that has a fixed time, but for sports timers they do sometimes shift around. In my case, it's not always guaranteed that there will be a match at 430AM every Saturday morning.

However, very creative fix for some other things that are indeed running on a fixed schedule. I like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts