AutoHop Question

Could it be something like this?
Dish has contracts with the networks/locals to carry them on Dish for some fee. Part of this is that Dish had to agree to delay the autohop for however long they insisted on.
Now, in some cases there is no longer a valid contract and Dish can't carry them. As long as there is no valid contract, Dish has no reason to delay the autohop. Once a new contract is agreed on and in place. They'll have to go back to delaying the autohop whether you have locals via Dish or not.
?

I would rather keep them for the one tuner can record all four Prime Time channels without setting individual timers.

I think that's a valid reason to keep them, though at the cost of $12/mo. Would your calculation change if either (1) Dish releases a quad tuner dongle or (2) Dish allows 2 dual-tuner dongles on a Hopper? That may depend on (3) whether Dish uses 4 OTA tuners to do PTAT.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I think that's a valid reason to keep them, though at the cost of $12/mo. Would your calculation change if either (1) Dish releases a quad tuner dongle or (2) Dish allows 2 dual-tuner dongles on a Hopper? That may depend on (3) whether Dish uses 4 OTA tuners to do PTAT.
4 OTA tuner with PTAT sounds interesting. I really would like to see next day AutoHop. You would think that if you don't have the sat locals that DISH would be allowed to do next day AutoHop with OTA locals.

It's been a week since I cancelled my local channels via Dish and have been watching locals via my OTA antenna. What I've discovered is that I am getting AUTO-HOP the next day after they have been recorded.

Below are the OTA local channels I've been recording that have AUTO HOP the next day:
Blood & Treasure CBS/KMOV - OTA 7/30
S.W.A.T. CBS/KMOV - OTA 7/31
The InBetween NBC/KSDK - OTA 7/31
America Ninja Warriors NBC/KSDK - OTA 8/2
S.H.I.E.L.D. ABC - OTA 8/2
Instinct CBS/KMOV - OTA 8/4
The Good Fight CBS/KMOV - OTA 8/4

I appreciate all previous comments.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

It's been a week since I cancelled my local channels via Dish and have been watching locals via my OTA antenna. What I've discovered is that I am getting AUTO-HOP the next day after they have been recorded.

Below are the OTA local channels I've been recording that have AUTO HOP the next day:
Blood & Treasure CBS/KMOV - OTA 7/30
S.W.A.T. CBS/KMOV - OTA 7/31
The InBetween NBC/KSDK - OTA 7/31
America Ninja Warriors NBC/KSDK - OTA 8/2

I appreciate all previous comments.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!
WOW, are you kidding me? That is awesome WickedStepMom. Are you getting full guide info for all locals and sub channels too? Can you run some next day AutoHop test on FOX channels too? This is exciting info. I might cancel my DISH satellite locals. Thank you so much for sharing.

Reactions: WickedStepMom
At first the guide didn't show info about the programs, just needed some time to load and now all is as it was when they were Dish locals. WITH the exception of of some subchannels I've never heard of: KTVI 2.2 ANTENN, KTVI 2.3 ESCAPE, KMOV 4.2 COZ-T, KMOV 4.3, KMOV 4.4 LAFF-T, KSDK 5.3 JUSTIC, KSDK 5.4 QUEST, KPLR 11.3 COMET, KPLR 11.4 COURT, 24.2 NLECT, 24.3 HEROES, 24.4 MOVIES, 24.5 DECADE, 24.6 START T, 30.2 TBD, 30.3 CHARGE, 30.4 STADIU.

Any particular FOX channels, charlesrshell?

Last edited:
Will do, charlesrshell and get back with you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using the SatelliteGuys app!
OK, thanks. I sure hope DISH comes out with a four tuner OTA adapter now. I think there is rumors about it someplace. My second Hopper 3 will come in handy in the mean time. I have dual OTA adapters on both Hopper 3s.

Reactions: TheKrell
At first the guide didn't show info about the programs, just needed some time to load and now all is as it was when they were Dish locals. WITH the exception of of some subchannels I've never heard of: KTVI 2.2 ANTENN, KTVI 2.3 ESCAPE, KMOV 4.2 COZ-T, KMOV 4.3, KMOV 4.4 LAFF-T, KSDK 5.3 JUSTIC, KSDK 5.4 QUEST, KPLR 11.3 COMET, KPLR 11.4 COURT, 24.2 NLECT, 24.3 HEROES, 24.4 MOVIES, 24.5 DECADE, 24.6 START T, 30.2 TBD, 30.3 CHARGE, 30.4 STADIU.

Any particular FOX channels, charlesrshell?
Thanks again. Anything on FOX will be good. Run several timers for all the Prime Time channels to give it a good work out.

WickedStepMom, have you had a chance to run an OTA next day AutoHop test for Fox? Are the other prime time OTA channels next day AutoHop still working? I am going to cancel the DISH Sat locals this weekend if next day AutoHop is still working good.

WickedStepMom, have you had a chance to run an OTA next day AutoHop test for Fox? Are the other prime time OTA channels next day AutoHop still working? I am going to cancel the DISH Sat locals this weekend if next day AutoHop is still working good.

Charlesrshell, this is what I've found so far:

AutoHop
Bachelor in Paradise KDNL/ABC - OTA 8/6
Blood & Treasure CBS/KMOV - OTA 8/6
The InBetween NBC/KSDK - OTA 8/7
Card Sharks KDNL/ABC - OTA 8/7
Ellen's Game of Games NBC/KSDK - OTA 8/7
NO Hop
First Responders Fox/KTVI - OTA 8/6
Spin The Wheel KDNL/ABC - OTA 8/6
local news 9:00 Fox/KTVI - OTA 8/7

I have three KDNL/ABC shows to record tonight as well as three KSDK/NBC shows and can post those results in the morning. I won't know about AutoHop until tomorrow since that doesn't show the same night and have no idea how many hours it takes to show since we normally don't watch our recorded shows until the next night or later in the week.

AutoHop
NO Hop

I have three KDNL/ABC shows to record tonight as well as three KSDK/NBC shows and can post those results in the morning. I won't know about AutoHop until tomorrow since that doesn't show the same night and have no idea how many hours it takes to show since we normally don't watch our recorded shows until the next night or later in the week.
OK, thanks WickedStepMom. Sometimes the AutoHop doesn't work at all for a program. Maybe that is what happened with FOX First Responders having no AutoHop. I don't think the AutoHop works at all for FOX local news. I am going to have the DISH Sat locals turned off this Saturday and see how goes it. I can always have it turned back on if I really miss the PTAT single tuner option. Thanks again for testing for me.

OK, thanks WickedStepMom. Sometimes the AutoHop doesn't work at all for a program. Maybe that is what happened with FOX First Responders having no AutoHop. I don't think the AutoHop works at all for FOX local news. I am going to have the DISH Sat locals turned off this Saturday and see how goes it. I can always have it turned back on if I really miss the PTAT single tuner option. Thanks again for testing for me.

I will let you know how tonight's recordings go.

Do you know if the AirTuners will work with other Dish receivers or if this is for Hoppers only?

AutoHop
NO Hop

OK, thanks. I think the AirTuner will work on the Wally too. Not sure on anything else.

Charlesrshell, here are the results of AutoHop last night:

NO Hop
Big Brother CBS/KMOV - OTA 8/8
Family Food Night KDNL/ABC - OTA 8/8

AutoHop
The Wall NBC/KSDK - OTA 8/8
Law & Order: Special Victim NBC/KSDK - OTA 8/8
Holey Moley Family Food Night KDNL/ABC - OTA 8/8
Reef Break KDNL/ABC - OTA 8/8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)