Autotune Feature

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Do you want Directv to add "autotune" feature to the DVR's?

• Yes

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I agree E* has many option to make look hard. Its really Not at all.

And E* receivers also will NEVER record the same show twice. A well know constant issue with the HR's .
Even the Die Hard DBS talk D* fanboys will admit this.

I can't even begin to believe that .....

A E* box NEVER recorded a show twice, ya right.
All it takes is a mistake by the people that provide the guide info or the PSIP and you have an issue.

You don't need to turn it off, it's a menu option, use it when you need it.

Turn it on, turn it off, not much difference IMO if you dont use it.
Not trying to be difficult, just for me personally, I dont see the plus of having it.
Like I said, If you use it, I guess it would be nice to have it, I just wouldnt, so I voted no. Which is what the poll asked more or less.

On the other hand, more features is always nice.

I used it on the E* receivers to change the channels while the TV was on sleep (so I didn't have to fumble for the remote in the dark) or, if using the alarm feature on the TV, to have the channel I want to watch/wake up to in the AM automatically tuned. It would be a nice feature to have again, but I wouldn't want it INSTEAD of something else - it would be a convenience but nothing that would make me like/dislike my receiver any more.

This feature is really a throw-back to the old VCR technology when the receivers had to automatically change the channels to coincide with VCR recording.

Also, E* may not be perfect with not recording duplicates, but it was a whole lot better than D*. I would much rather see that issue addressed before adding the auto-tune. :)

I used it on the E* receivers to change the channels while the TV was on sleep (so I didn't have to fumble for the remote in the dark) or, if using the alarm feature on the TV, to have the channel I want to watch/wake up to in the AM automatically tuned. It would be a nice feature to have again, but I wouldn't want it INSTEAD of something else - it would be a convenience but nothing that would make me like/dislike my receiver any more.

This feature is really a throw-back to the old VCR technology when the receivers had to automatically change the channels to coincide with VCR recording.

Also, E* may not be perfect with not recording duplicates, but it was a whole lot better than D*. I would much rather see that issue addressed before adding the auto-tune. :)

Theres a lot of issues they could address before the Auto Tune, then again, I don't know that D* is even considering the Auto Tune, it was just a feature that the older ones had that someone thought would be nice to have .... yes, it would be nice as a minor add on, nothing more, not to take place of anything else.

I can't even begin to believe that .....

A E* box NEVER recorded a show twice, ya right.
All it takes is a mistake by the people that provide the guide info or the PSIP and you have an issue.
You don't have to believe it. I spent 2 years with a 722k,3 years with a 622.
Untill you used one , you wouldn't have a clue trust me.:)

I didn't think anything was wrong with the recording process, and the First Run process either back in 2006 with my hr20.
But then I used E* equipment, and sorry but no HR with even compair with the VIPs.
Way more Functioning Features.

Just because I subscribe to D* doesn't mean I'm going to accept their equipment flaws.
Just like Because I don't subscribe to Dish Anymore doesn't mean I'm going to condem them for having some of the best Functioning HD DVRs on the market.

Jimbo I wish I could just show you how it worked.

Scott let Jimbo have a 722K to use for a few months.:D
He won't like the service , But I bet he will like the DVR.:eek:
If Dish came out with a Real MRV system, that would be something.

MRV sure Nice Idea, How about dropping the $3 fee.
Tell me what is being provided for the $3 per month?

If its just as Easy as connecting your HD and DVR equipment to the Internet, then why the need to spend $200 on Deca/swm and $3 per month?

MSmith gave some what of a reason, But really didn't make any sence.

Stone Why is the Unsupported MRV any different then the supported version that D* wants you to get?:confused:

Again don't turn this into I'm Bashing D*, Because I'm not ,But I see alot of Unanswered Qustions lately about Record Profits , Price increases, MRV doesn't seem like that HUGE of a break through to cause any price increase or any addtional fees.

I want to see options added to the HR's I want to see better Function in the HR's

Sure the Hr24 is a Better machine then the past HR's , But seriously, What isn't better?

I want to see this Tivo, Why would it bother anyone to see a Tivo come to D*?
Why would it bother anyone to see Autotune come to the HR?

Look at Dish they have a 922,722k,612. You can pick and choose what ever one you want.

What D* receivers can you pick?

I know I know , Go to Best Buy and Get the HR24.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . .. . .

I'm still trying to think of a time that my HR20-700 or HR24 missed a recording .. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Damn, still can't find one.....
Oh well, E* MUST be better.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . .. . .

I'm still trying to think of a time that my HR20-700 or HR24 missed a recording .. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Damn, still can't find one.....
Oh well, E* MUST be better.
Jimbo, Where, I want to see I said Missed Recording!

By the way I can recall Lots of missed recordings from all my D* equipment, and I'll tell you Why, Because the First Run feature is Flawed.

You know how many time I've set a Timer for First Run, and its recorded 3-5 of the same exact episode.
TONS
If you don't do a manual record then be prepared either get loaded with the same show, or it will just pass it all together.
So now a Manual record just does nothing but record what ever show is on that channel at that time.

What a joke! Fix it!

Add that to the List of things that need fixed before Auto tune.

By the way I can recall Lots of missed recordings from all my D* equipment, and I'll tell you Why, Because the First Run feature is Flawed.

You know how many time I've set a Timer for First Run, and its recorded 3-5 of the same exact episode.
TONS
If you don't do a manual record then be prepared either get loaded with the same show, or it will just pass it all together.
So now a Manual record just does nothing but record what ever show is on that channel at that time.

What a joke! Fix it!

Add that to the List of things that need fixed before Auto tune.

I disagree with this too.
Are you sure your recorder didn't record BOTH instead of the 1st run ?
That is more typical .....
That is ALSO a direct result of the guide info not being correct, and you know as well as I do that that into comes from the Tribune and D* doesn't have anything to do with it.

FWIW, I would rather it accidentally record BOTH than NOT any.

I disagree with this too.
Are you sure your recorder didn't record BOTH instead of the 1st run ?
That is more typical .....
That is ALSO a direct result of the guide info not being correct, and you know as well as I do that that into comes from the Tribune and D* doesn't have anything to do with it.

FWIW, I would rather it accidentally record BOTH than NOT any.
Jimbo, I'm not going to fight with you over a poven Known issue.

Hemi,
Am i getting all the best that D* has to offer, something that others don't get, or what....

I don't have 95% of the issues you guys are always complaining about.

Hemi,
Am i getting all the best that D* has to offer, something that others don't get, or what....

I don't have 95% of the issues you guys are always complaining about.
Consider yourself Lucky.

I would tell you to go on D* facebook page. Then you will see its not just me.

But right now D* dropped some local markets Fox channels, so their is thousands of Post on that.

Your in DBS talk, they complain of HR issues all the time. Its not hard to find proof of my complaints.

But Again , All Want is to know why we don't have some of the most simple features.

What I find Funny about the D* guys Verses the E* guys.
Dish comes out with New receivers and adds features and the E* Guys love it.

Now D* guys,
Got a New Tivo coming out, Directv guys say " No we don't want that piece crap"
Auto tune???," No don't add features to our receivers, Unless it's another worthless TV APP"

Only the D* guys will Shund improvments and new products.
Now wonder D* has such a hard time Making a DVR!

Sorry But I welcome all new advancements.
Sorry to say, but a TiVo is not an improvement. Putting a hemi engine in a Model-T does not make it a muscle car

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)