Autotune Feature

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Do you want Directv to add "autotune" feature to the DVR's?

• Yes

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry to say, but a TiVo is not an improvement. Putting a hemi engine in a Model-T does not make it a muscle car
I would agree with that, But no One has used this receiver.
So how "like so many of you do" comment or bash a product you never used or even saw?

What because the TIVO that you used in 2003 was a POS, No different the the HR20 in 2006. No different the the HR23 in 2011.
Still a dog and still records Multiple First run shows, still needs a reboot 2 twice a week.

I would agree with that, But no One has used this receiver.
So how "like so many of you do" comment or bash a product you never used or even saw?

What because the TIVO that you used in 2003 was a POS, No different the the HR20 in 2006. No different the the HR23 in 2011.
Still a dog and still records Multiple First run shows, still needs a reboot 2 twice a week.
I still have an HR20 and have never had these issues you just mentioned. It records only one show exactly as I program it to do, and does not require reboots. The only time I had to reboot was when we had that national firmware issue.

Haven't we done this thread many times before? Haven't we made a list of features that the HRxx's have and the VIPs have? Haven't we shown that each does stuff the other does not and that the HRxx's actually do more?

By the way Yes the focus is on Auto tune.

I think its a nice feature to have.
I welcome all new features.

Some of you think they they should work on the other isses first, and I agree!
But I've also said this back in 2006 and here we are. Slow TV apps, No Autotune, First Run record still needs adressing, as well as Channels I get. setting still needs addressing.

If you never had these issues the Great , But my friend's, Family and Plenty of other D* subscriber agree , Unless D* want to hand out HR24 to everyone, then they better start getting the rest of the HR's in order.

I still have an HR20 and have never had these issues you just mentioned. It records only one show exactly as I program it to do, and does not require reboots. The only time I had to reboot was when we had that national firmware issue.

Haven't we done this thread many times before? Haven't we made a list of features that the HRxx's have and the VIPs have? Haven't we shown that each does stuff the other does not and that the HRxx's actually do more?
Yep, and I don't even want to get into that.

I want a features added to MY HR and I want suff addressed. Thats it!
I'm looking forward to a Possible new receiver.
You all should be too!

Jimbo, I'm not going to fight with you over a poven Known issue.

OMG Yes .. Someone else that Jimbo has to dispute problems with. I thought this talk was ONLY about having Autotune added in to DVR's, Now Jimbo states they are way to many other issues to be taken care of, but won't mention them, and in another discussuion I just wanted the CID fixed in the HR24 series and he rambled off about thet, and made it personal stating "I didn't know what I was talking about". I think he is just here to "stir the pot" and get his postings up to par with some of the other "Old codgers" in here...

OMG Yes .. Someone else that Jimbo has to dispute problems with. I thought this talk was ONLY about having Autotune added in to DVR's, Now Jimbo states they are way to many other issues to be taken care of, but won't mention them, and in another discussuion I just wanted the CID fixed in the HR24 series and he rambled off about thet, and made it personal stating "I didn't know what I was talking about". I think he is just here to "stir the pot" and get his postings up to par with some of the other "Old codgers" in here...
LOL!:)

BTW since this thread was started as the Autotune feature wish and Poll, Just look at the other thread of the TV mail that was ONLY sent to the DVR's this week stating that there was an autotune feature , which there currently is not one. Maybe it is something that is already in the works. One can only hope.

Now if they add the option of which DVR to record to on the DVR's like the H receivers already do, AND autotune, that would be a home run !!! :)

The Autotune is nice, because like record its a optional feature that would be nice for many.

I wouldn't mind hitting record and maybe Red botton record and green button AutoTune.

That wouldn't be that difficult, and it wouldn't affect anyone that doesn't want to be bothered with it.

So far I've only seen 2 comments for not wanting it as an option, There are ten posts that say no.
Just wondering why you wouldn't want it?

I get it Ice lives alone and Msmith says he just wouldn't use it.
Thats Fine,
But TV APP's , I'm forced to have that on my receiver. I think its a Joke and just another slap together gimmic making the HR's slower.
Game Search ,Whats Hot,and Weather can all be accessed without an internet connection.

With that in mind while its nice to have it, it would be nice to have Autotune as well.

Hemi 6.1 said:
So far I've only seen 2 comments for not wanting it as an option, There are ten posts that say no.
Just wondering why you wouldn't want it?

I get it Ice lives alone and Msmith says he just wouldn't use it.
Thats Fine,
But TV APP's , I'm forced to have that on my receiver. I think its a Joke and just another slap together gimmic making the HR's slower.
Game Search ,Whats Hot,and Weather can all be accessed without an internet connection.

With that in mind while its nice to have it, it would be nice to have Autotune as well.

I never use the tvapps their just too slow.

Hemi 6.1 said:

He tried to tell me that CID comes up before his phone rings, I simply toldhim that the software that caller id works on activates on the 2nd ring, but of course he knew better.

Hemi,

What do you think about DSL service and Autotune? I'm sure somewhere this will come up since it has NOTHING to do with wishing autotune is an added feature! :)

And possibly there will be a problem with the sunspots, and the way the moon goes down in the sky during the winter months, and this will lead to the demise of the atuotune wish.

LOL..........

Hemi,

What do you think about DSL service and Autotune? I'm sure somewhere this will come up since it has NOTHING to do with wishing autotune is an added feature! :)

And possibly there will be a problem with the sunspots, and the way the moon goes down in the sky during the winter months, and this will lead to the demise of the atuotune wish.

LOL..........
:D

He tried to tell me that CID comes up before his phone rings, I simply toldhim that the software that caller id works on activates on the 2nd ring, but of course he knew better.
Caller ID ?? Thats got nothing to do with Autotune, I don't care how many rings it takes.

:D
icon14.png

I'm lost here. When did we stop talking about auto tune and started talking about whose receiver can or cannot do what???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)