Autotune messages

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GraphicFunn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Pan Handle WV
I have an HR24 that I use a DVR with to record shows. I noticed that if I set autotune to switch channels between two shows I am recording a message will come up saying the autotune is going to happen. If I am not there this stays up for several minutes and messes up the recording. Is there a way to stop this message from showing up? It just needs to switch the channels not ask me if it is OK to do so.

thx
Jerry

Actually, you don't have the HR24, as that is a DVR. You are using an H24 and using auto tune to record to a stand alone recorder.
I don't have the H24 so can't answer your question.
Have you reviewed all menu settings for the option?

Last edited:
As far as I know there is no way to suppress the messages. If you want to record programs, DirecTv expects that you would have a DVR.

I have an HR24 that I use a DVR with to record shows. I noticed that if I set autotune to switch channels between two shows I am recording a message will come up saying the autotune is going to happen. If I am not there this stays up for several minutes and messes up the recording. Is there a way to stop this message from showing up? It just needs to switch the channels not ask me if it is OK to do so.

thx
Jerry

So you are using an H24 to feed a dvr? I'm assuming it's not a Directv dvr, yes? If so, you must be recording in sd. Actually, even if it's a Directv hd dvr you are recording in sd. Why not just get an hd dvr from Directv and record in hd? It would eliminate your problem with the autotune message and you would be getting a better picture.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)