Aux Video Issues

hmatos

Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
Hi,

New to DISH and the 921. I've searched for this and can't seem to come up with anything. I've had the 921 for about 2 weeks and within the 1st week, I've had it lock up a few times (usually when I've left it on Sirius stations and then tried to bring up the guide).

Lately, it seems that whenever I go to display my Aux video (Channel 0), the video is jumpy (shaking and causing double imaging) and at times, I'll also have about a 2 to 3 inch black and white line along the top of the image. Is this a known issue or is my unit defective?

Thanks,

hm :confused:

Hi hmatos, welcome to SatelliteGuys.US. :)

I had heard (specifically, SimpleSimon says) that the aux input is flaky. This weekend I rewired my entire home theater setup to accommodate my shiny new 921 and needed to use that input. Now I agree, it sucks. I'm not getting the shaking video, but the image is shifted down leaving a black row across the top and chopping off the bottom. The row isn't as wide as a letterbox bar but it is about the height of a news channel crawler. I fed a news channel in and the crawler was completely lost off the bottom.

At one point during my rewiring I had unplugged the 921 and plugged it back in. The next time I went to AUX, the video was actually shifted up and the top of the image was seen at the bottom of the screen. It later went back to the original form and has stayed there.

I do sometimes have up-down shaking when I tune to my analog stations. That always seems to go away after a minute (after switching around through digitals and back, etc.).

522 and cable

Question about satellite installation...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)