Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoFan49

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Tried to upload a JPG as my avatar (it is 100 pix wide and 63 pix high)
Edit Avatar
... Upload an Avatar From Your Computer:
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 125 by 125 pixels or 898.4 KB (whichever is smaller).

Browse... Open... Save changes...
AOK...

Your Current Avatar :: Shows my avatar on the User CP.
But the home page shows No avatar?
:confused:
I'm wondering... maybe you have to graduate from newbie status to upload an avatar???

--

Part II

Tried to attach it, and it did 3 attachments...

Attachments

• calflag_California_Flag.jpg
    calflag_California_Flag.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 252
    1.4 KB · Views: 250
    1.4 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
riffjim4069 said:
I'm having the same problem....deleted cookies, etc.
"Upload of file failed."
I get the same thing although when I go to the Edit avitar screen it shows it.

I got this from vbulletin support...

Try logging in as one of these users to see if you have the same problem. If you don't, then the cause is somewhere on their end. It's impossible to know exactly what it is but some possibilites are: browsers, browser settings, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, and any other application that affects Internet content.
If you are still having a problem let me know and I will change your password and login as you.

As always first thing to check is delete your cache and cookies. That takes care of 99% of the issues. :D

I cant change mine either. I have the same problem. It deleted the one I had but will not put the new one in. It looks like it does it but when you go back to the main page it says No Avatar selected.

When I uploaded mine, actually twice since the upgrade I got a message saying: "Upload of file failed" but the avatar was there so I didn't pay too much attention to the error message.

Ok I figured out why HBK's Avatar is not going.

His Avatar was 1600 x 1200 and was a 1 megabyte file (eeek)

The maximum file size is 125 x 125 with a max fie size of 512k

Also another thing to point out, old Supporters can post Animated files.

Hopefully this helps with the confusion. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ok I figured out why HBK's Avatar is not going.

His Avatar was 1600 x 1200 and was a 1 megabyte file (eeek)

The maximum file size is 125 x 125 with a max fie size of 512k

Also another thing to point out, old Supporters can post Animated files.

Hopefully this helps with the confusion. :D

scott that was the orignal pic i sent you i also tried with a resized pic that was 77x58

edit: scott i just sent you the resized image as I am having a problem with that one its 77x58 and is 1.78KB

Last edited:
I have tried uploading both of yours with no luck. :( I can upload mine fine. I have filed a ticket with vbulletin support.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I have tried uploading both of yours with no luck. :( I can upload mine fine. I have filed a ticket with vbulletin support.
I have tried every way I know how with no luck. It's weired, I go through the procedure and it seems to go through but when I go to the home page it still indicates no avatar. I return to ucp a it still shows the avatar. Scott thanks for you efforts. OBTW have a Merry Christmas.

Frank Jr. said:
I have tried every way I know how with no luck. It's weired, I go through the procedure and it seems to go through but when I go to the home page it still indicates no avatar. I return to ucp a it still shows the avatar. Scott thanks for you efforts. OBTW have a Merry Christmas.

the same thing happens for my in the user cp it shows my avatar but on the home page and forums it is not displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts