• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is my original Avitar?

I forgot where I saved it and now cannot find it.

The vb guys are still working on it, I hope this problem is fixed soon.

I can not even upload avatars for people who send them to me... Its really strange. Most work fine however some do not.

My avatar got stretched at some point so it looks a little weird. I tried to fix it but got a "wrong file type" error message. At least my old one still works! Hopefully they'll get it fixed shortly.

Scott, can you upload YOUR avatar to other people's profile?

Not for nothing, as I would hope this isn't it, but you guys are checking the "use custom avatar" button right? I really see no reason why some users can't upload an avatar while most of us can...

Purogamer said:

Not for nothing, as I would hope this isn't it, but you guys are checking the "use custom avatar" button right? I really see no reason why some users can't upload an avatar while most of us can...

i was, but whatever it was it seems to be corrected as today with the work they did :)

Purogamer said:

DUH YUP... lol I didn't change a thing and mine appeared with the changeover.

My problem wasn't fixed. My current avatar is a GIF but it won't accept another GIF. Do I have to convert it to JPEG? The avatar screen says nothing about file extensions.

No. It's the same one I have now. I'm just trying to correct the distortion caused when my avatar got stretched, for some reason.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yes when we did the upgrade I set the server to only allow animated avatars for Staff and supporters. :)
Chaddux send me your avatar at helpme@satelliteguys.us and I will see whats going on with it.
It's the one already on the server. The image itself is not stretched. When it is being displayed, it is being stretched larger than it actually is which is causing the distortion. That's why if you look at the actual image, it looks fine.

That is the actual file on the server. Compare that to what is being displayed.

Scott Greczkowski I know this is an old thread, but curious why my animated avatar is not working on the forum itself. I uploaded a test one fine, no error message. 50px x 50px and only 25k.

It shows perfectly fine on my profile page so I know the file is fine, but nowhere else. Just the static image. I am a paid member so I thought that was one of the perks. http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/help/pub_info/

Not a big deal if not possible but was curious why it works in one place on the site but not the forums. I was going to upload the real one if it was working. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)