Average 622/722 Temperature thread, Is your's Hot?

I have had the dual exhaust fans hooked up for 3 days. I've gone from a low of 114 to 93 and an avereage of 120 to 116. The gap between my Dish Dvrs/receivers and my audio receiver and dvd player (6 inch gap) where the fans are venting seems to be about 3-4 degrees higher than the ambient room temp (anywhere from 74-85 degrees). I'm pretty happy! :D

So from reading some pages of this thread, what exactly is the goal here for average temperature?

Is it 119 or below for average temperature good and 120 or above for average temperature bad?

I have had the dual exhaust fans hooked up for 3 days. I've gone from a low of 114 to 93 and an avereage of 120 to 116. The gap between my Dish Dvrs/receivers and my audio receiver and dvd player (6 inch gap) where the fans are venting seems to be about 3-4 degrees higher than the ambient room temp (anywhere from 74-85 degrees). I'm pretty happy! :D

After a full week I am now at H140 Avg 113 L89 on the 722k. My 625 that is on top of the 722k H and avg have stayed the same but the low has dropped from 91 to 89.

H107 avg93 L89.LOL!!! :) :)

Still not stabilized yet, but still dropping. Should stab. soon. I don't my low is going to go any lower so this should be close to the normal numbers with the dual fan...

Last edited:
This is a really long thread and I apologize if this has been mentioned already, but has anyone used this cooling system? I need a solution to keep the 722's internal fan from activating because my wife is ready to throw it out the window.

I use the dual fan setup from this company on two 722ks. They both are in a little crowed cabinets. On my two 722s I use the single fan from this company. All four DVRs stay cooler and never seem to have any kind of cooling issues. I have ordered several times from this company and they are highly reputable in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)