AZBox Blind Scan Feature

Hi there I am a feed hunter in the UK nice site :)
The spectrum analysers have been replaced by blind scan receivers for over a decade here :D
I use the AZBox with a Technomate TM6900HD blind scan receiver that is similar to a Clarke Tech,
Feed hunters use a various software & hardware blind scan receivers such as Manhattan Plaza & FortecxStar Ultra
I run a feed hunters forum for live feeds in Europe & the quality of the feeds is excellent in SD & HD

Hi William > welcome to the site :):)

It's 9 years since I left England (I'm in the US and Cyprus now) but I still have know many sat scanners in England and Europe including many suppliers and they will tell you they sell SAs at a ratio 6:1 against sat meters. All I can say is without a SA you have got to have a lot more paitence :D.

Interesting you have a Manhattan plaza, I used to use one but it was very poor picking up low SR channelsespecially compared to the Fortec.
Don't know if you can see 53 east from your location but that's good for feeds.

As an example, modern approach to integrated parallel DVB-S/S2 various modulations signal scanning and sorting is implemented in the design of highly advanced BCM4506 DVB-S2 Dual Tuner Frontend chip from Broadcom:

"The baseband IQ analog waveforms from the tuner section are sampled by the integrated 8-bit A/D converters and re-sampled by the integrated interpolative digital filter banks.

Optimized soft decisions are then fed into either a DVB-S-compliant FEC decoder, or an advanced-modulation DVB-S2 LDPC/BCH or Turbo decoder. The final error-corrected output is delivered in MPEG-2 transport format. The output clock is generated by an on-chip PLL for low-jitter operation and glueless integration with Broadcom's high definition audio video subsystems, such as the BCM7401 and the BCM7402."

Attachments

• BCM4506 Block Diagram.jpg
    BCM4506 Block Diagram.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 292
  • BCM4506 Signal Processing.jpg
    BCM4506 Signal Processing.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 265
  • Broadcom BCM4506 Dual Sat Receiver Chip.pdf
    241.8 KB · Views: 1,013

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)