AZbox Bravoo

Interesting find. I found a couple of pictures and its definitely looks like it was a made by a different manufacturer. there is zero info regarding this product on the azbox website although they didn't have anything posted for the ultra for months so that not a guarantee. the packaging definitely looks like their although that is easy to clone. easiest way to know would be if someone simply writes to info@azbox.com or sales@azbox.com and asks whether this is or is not one of their new products.

Can't be an AZBox cuz it's got a manual with it! ;-)

Dual pair of F connectors on the back? Two tuners or is one of those an RF output, something I miss on the Ultra I just bought? Only one USB port? None of my AZs have a serial port either??

Graphics don't look anything like AZ stuff either, not that it's a problem though.

My guess is it's a clone!

Oh, and that guy in Miami is who I got my Ultra from a couple of months back.

Darn right they don't. MIPS CPU in the description? Funny, looks like an ALi to me -- another Openbox clone probably.

Google search only brought back Spanish language sites so I couldn't read much from those. One Spanish language retail site did have the entire AZ line in their ad though and the Bravoo was included in that lineup??

If it's just another Openbox clone then $230 shipped won't make it here in the USA since the Openbox s9 can be had for $140 or less on some sites.

Be interesting to hear what Opensat has to say about this.

Well THIS guy seems to think they are a clone, so they must be.

The company selling this Bravoo unit is the location in Miami who also used to sell the AZ Ultra's and Premium units, but Opensat will no longer sell to them and that is when I got the Official US Distributorship from Opensat.

Almost 100% sure, that this is another Clone and is being offered by companies who want to make a Fast Buck and offer no service and have No Loyalty to the Company that Did all of the Work to provide us with Great Units at Great Prices.

hxxp://rickcaylor.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=5079194

Well THIS guy seems to think they are a clone, so they must be.

Well, I wouldn't take "THIS guy's" word for anything! I recently bought an AZBox Ultra (past few weeks) from the guy in Miami and it is a "genuine" AZBox in spite of what "THIS guY" says about the Miami reseller. Again. look who's pocket is being lined with "green backs"!

That being said, there is enough evidence posted in the spec sheet for that Bravoo there on fleabay for anyone to surmise that this is really an Openbox s9 receiver with an AZBox Bravoo name on the front panel, and over priced too I might add. ;-)

That being said, there is enough evidence posted in the spec sheet for that Bravoo there on fleabay for anyone to surmise that this is really an Openbox s9 receiver with an AZBox Bravoo name on the front panel, and over priced too I might add. ;-)

My best guess is that its a clone but it doesn't appear to be an S9 based upon specs or images released.

Attachments

• rear of bravoo.jpg
    rear of bravoo.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 479
  • openbox%20back%201.jpg
    openbox%20back%201.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
Maybe I missed it, but is there a slot for an External Hard Drive, or does it have a built in PVR?

Maybe I missed it, but is there a slot for an External Hard Drive, or does it have a built in PVR?

From what I have read it would use a USB stick for the PVR, also from the photo's and other things I have read it has 2 tuners in it but does not do OTA signals.
Kinda wonder what the 2nd tuner is for.
The 16APSK Demodulation would be a new item as far as I can see.
I tend to think this came out of Portugal since most of what is written on it is in
Portuguese. Possibly Brazil.
Also wonder if it would record the high bite-rate signals. Only time will tell if someone gets one of them and tests it out.

My best guess is that its a clone but it doesn't appear to be an S9 based upon specs or images released.

Maybe clone wasn't quite the right word, but, there are a LOT of receivers that are built almost exactly like an Openbox S9 / Solomend, plus or minus a jack or a light or a button, and run similar-looking, but deliberately-incompatible, software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts