AzBox Elite and 12V switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

janz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Southern Ontario
I am attempting to use 12V switch with AzBox Elite receiver.
I am disappointed because 12V output does not provide the voltage necessary for the switch operation.
The 12V output is not providing any voltage regardless of the antenna setup.
Is it my hardware malfunctioning or is it software problem?
Thanks for any help.

Thank you for response.
I will backup satellite and channel info, upgrade firmware to your version of firmware, and try it again.
With the 0.9.2371 firmware in my box the output voltage is always 0V.
I was not upgrading to newer version of firmware because 2371 firmware - channel editor combo was working for me reasonably well.

Well, I just got around to testing my 0-12V socket on the AZbox and it Works ! Using Firmware 0.9.3281, the most recent, I believe.
:)

Brent,

You are using the 3281 image file? No problems? That would be good.

As for the 12V switch option, I don't have any of these switches so no way to test it other than monitoring the cable voltage.

RADAR

Thank you for response.
I will backup satellite and channel info, upgrade firmware to your version of firmware, and try it again.
I was not upgrading to newer version of firmware because 2371 firmware - channel editor combo was working for me reasonably well.

Janz,

Not to switch topics on you, but how are you communicating with your AZBox? Are you hardwired? Thank you.

RADAR

Thank you for response.

I stayed with 2371 for awhile , for the same reason. Then I went to 2880 firmware and it's editor. Currently, I'd bet there is no editor for this version of the firmware, as yet. You might do an incremental upgrade to 2880 ( which has an editor) and see if that helps out the 12V situation.
:)

Brent,

You are using the 3281 image file? No problems? That would be good.

As for the 12V switch option, I don't have any of these switches so no way to test it other than monitoring the cable voltage.

RADAR

No problems, but I'm not pushing the envelope, either. Just using the AZbox to tune channels that I can't get with other boxes. Not even using motor control at the moment.

>>Not to switch topics on you,
>>but how are you communicating with your AZBox?
>>Are you hardwired?
Yes, I connected AzBox to my home network and I can access AzBox files using ftp client.
Channel Editor 2371 is also able to backup/restore, open and update after modification satellite and channel files over the network.
It is really convenient.

I am attempting to use 12V switch with AzBox Elite receiver.
I am disappointed because 12V output does not provide the voltage necessary for the switch operation.
The 12V output is not providing any voltage regardless of the antenna setup.
Is it my hardware malfunctioning or is it software problem?
Thanks for any help.

i must ask did you try
in the antenna setup where it says 0/12 highlight and flip right on curser, ths should turn it on. i use it for my fan setup. running 2880 also.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/185746-azbox-hd-premium-hdd-9.html#post1948044

good luck

HELP with MPEG4 feeds at 105w

Having problems with MPEG4 feeds at 105W.

Is anyone having problems with these feeds?, sometimes the video pop in and sometimes it doesn't, I do get the Uruguayan mux MPEG4 on Hispasat without a problem at all 24/7, the video always pop in so I know the settings are good, any sugestions will be appreciated.

Also, I would like to know how to go about installing new firmawares ( right now I have 2880
wink.gif
that are not available thru the box via the internet option upgrade, I don't have much expertise when it comes to computers, please let me know " step by step " what to do otherwise I will be "lost", the manual for this box dosen't give instructions on how to do this.

Thanks in advance for your help and sugestions.
Regards.

Helps to read and listen to what other people do to "resolved" when they want to do something, that's what I did and found the easiest ( for me ) to upgrade to a new firmware ( have 3821 now ) with a USB flash drive, copied the batch file to it and bang it took 5 minutes. ( if someone out there is a "novice" with computers as I am and need help in how to do it step by step PM me and I'll be glad to help you.
I just did it over the 2880 I had installed , didn't even erased it and works just fine, you will not lose your settings.

I still would like to get any input about 105w mpeg4 problems with the video, I did I scan on it again after the upgrade and "nada", S is 100 but nada on the Q.
Hmmmm....you gotta luv this hobby.

Granadaguy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts