AZBOX AZBox feature

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pjcl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Earth
Hello, all! I currently own a OpenBox S10, and I am happy with it, overall. However, I have had my eyes set on an AZbox. One of the features I do not like about the Openbox is that it does not let me look at the channel list in a certain bird, unless I move the dish onto that location. With the AZBox, can you look a the channels in other orbital locations without necessarily moving the dish? That would be a deal breaker.

Thanks.

Yes, you can look at channels on a satellite without moving the dish to that satellite. The dish would only move once a channel is selected from the list.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

but it only works with the channels you have scanned in. i wish azbox would let you delete specific channels without deleting them all. i guess you can delete channels by deleting tps. that works i guess. charlie

i wish azbox would let you delete specific channels without deleting them all. i guess you can delete channels by deleting tps. that works i guess. charlie

Huh?
I see from your sig you have an AZ Premium Plus.
If you want to delete a channel from your list here is one way to do it.
Lets say your on AMC-1 but wanted to delete a sat from Galaxy 19 .
OK when the receiver is booted up fully press the "OK" button.
The one button in the middle of the 4 arrow keys.
A menu will appear on your tv screen... Look at the very top line.
press exit 1 time and then arrow over to "SATELLITE" so that is in blue.
Now using your arrow keys locate the Galaxy 19 satellite and press enter.
Now go to any channel on that list you want to delete and while that channel is selected (highlighted in blue) press the "Check" button on your remote, you will notice a check make appears next to that channel.
Do as many as you wish on that screen , then when you have all the ones you want to delete there press the "MENU" key on the remote.
A list will come up asking you if you want to LOCK, SKIP, DELETE, INSERT HD FLAG, or RENAME.
If you want to delete press delete and only the channels you selected will be deleted.

There are other ways to delete channels but this way ensures you only delete the ones you wanted and not the entire TP.

I would not use this area to rename as it has been known not to work all the time. However for deleting a channel it works every time properly.

And you also can delete multiple channels too if you want and still not do anything to the TP.

RE: AZBox, I've got two of them and don't use them much any more as other than the annoyance you site, that is also on the S9 I have, they are much more user friendly IMHO and I use mine 99% of the time any more. If you put channels in the Favorites section on your S10 then you can bring them up while you're watching another and the dish won't move until you select the one you want to go to. My favorites get renamed and at the end I put the sat location, ie, 101, 91 etc so I know how far the run is from where it's at.

Having used the S9 receivers now for over a year and knowing what I know now I wouldn't have ever purchased the AZs in the first place.

i got the azbox to learn about it. i do have the solomend/s9 and it is so much more convenient than the azbox. i now have the microhd on my 8' and azbox or s9 on the 6'. finally got an actuator for the 6' so am in the process of setting it up and i do thank stargaze for the info on deleteing channels. i must have missed that reading through the instructions. charlie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)