Azbox HD Premium Plus

donaldelee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
After I scan in 72 degrees west I have to wait a long time for the California station to come in. I have to wait a long time for Service 1 to come in, and the picture freezes for a long time, and even longer for the voice to stop being garbled. Any one else having this problem? After I go back to another satellite, I may, or may not be able to get the channels to play. Often, I will have to go into the settings, and change the Diseqc, to USALS. I could put my Coolsat 6000 back in, and it would have none of these problems. I know that it is not the system!
My system is a 39" reflector, motorized.
Has anybody else had problems with blind scan on the Azbox HD Premium Plus?

Has anybody connected to the Internet, and watched television thru the Web Browser on the Azbox?
Thanks!

After being all over the web, I have concluded that the Azbox is defininitely defective with the blind scan. The reports is that there is a enigma to be released in April, that might be hopeful.

Only having received my Azbox HD Premium Plus for a very few days, I notice that it has a browser. Has any one used the function for web browsing? And, if so what are the requirements to surf the internet?
Thanks in advance!

Admittedly, the Azbox HD Premium Plus has a lot of bugs, as many are now learning, it is still the best HD receiver on the market, at this time, that, does 4:2:2, and so much more! For the money, it is worth every penney. The fact that it comes with a ethernet is certainly a plus! All of the Internet capabilities that are legal to utilize is the most important reason I decided to purchase mine.
I worked in the Pest Control Business for (3) three years, and I will get the bugs out!
Moreover, I am a Paralegal, and I already 'read till they bleed'; therefore, the fact that I have to read to be able to use such a complicated receiver, I simply appreciate the challenge! :)

yes I agree only having it since Friday I am still enjoying it. I have found a couple of the bugs. However since I am not on any HD sats yet it is not causing me many issues just yet.

Admittedly, the Azbox HD Premium Plus has a lot of bugs, as many are now learning, it is still the best HD receiver on the market, at this time, that, does 4:2:2, and so much more! For the money, it is worth every penney. The fact that it comes with a ethernet is certainly a plus! All of the Internet capabilities that are legal to utilize is the most important reason I decided to purchase mine.
I worked in the Pest Control Business for (3) three years, and I will get the bugs out!
Moreover, I am a Paralegal, and I already 'read till they bleed'; therefore, the fact that I have to read to be able to use such a complicated receiver, I simply appreciate the challenge! :)

the azbox elite is ware the bang for your buck is. i waited and scored one from a member here. im sorry pro96 gave up his toy for my gain. really there is no point in buying the premium plus at this time. the blind scan is not so good and there are more bugs over the elite or premium. the saving grace is the platform the reciever was built on. if the linux stbs ever have open source code we will see great things. any azbox is really a small computer. much the same way as a cw 3k or 4k are. (hint they have alot of potential too in the right hands). ive had my elite for a week now and my open sourceness is about to erupt. i think i need to dig thru the source image and see whats there. it already does everything i need it too and more but it still needs gui tweaking. hang in there donaldelee. im know the potential. lets hope someone else realises it. i have a big enuff work load as it is.

crackt out,.

I did not think the GUI was all that bad on the Premium Plus. But I have only used the Coolsats until now.

I would agree that the Linux base will be the great thing about the AzBox machines. Depends on who takes the time to check it out. I am not inclined to dig into it and see. I would rather let opensat fix the issues. I have too many other projects to tear into it.

the azbox elite is ware the bang for your buck is. i waited and scored one from a member here. im sorry pro96 gave up his toy for my gain. really there is no point in buying the premium plus at this time. the blind scan is not so good and there are more bugs over the elite or premium. the saving grace is the platform the reciever was built on. if the linux stbs ever have open source code we will see great things. any azbox is really a small computer. much the same way as a cw 3k or 4k are. (hint they have alot of potential too in the right hands). ive had my elite for a week now and my open sourceness is about to erupt. i think i need to dig thru the source image and see whats there. it already does everything i need it too and more but it still needs gui tweaking. hang in there donaldelee. im know the potential. lets hope someone else realises it. i have a big enuff work load as it is.

crackt out,.

There are often a post referring to the Azbox being a small computer! The fact that, it is Linux based certainly gives it an advantage, e.g., such as the Ubuntu, that I am using. It is quite an experience for me. I have only used it for about (6) six weeks. Without sounding too stupid 'open source' is sometimes referred to Ubuntu? ? ? Likewise, OpenOffice. ? ? ?

the azbox elite is ware the bang for your buck is. i waited and scored one from a member here. im sorry pro96 gave up his toy for my gain. .

hehe, yeap and I can see you are enjoying it. I do miss it, but I have not and prob will not buy the plus anytime soon.

I am gonna stick with a dvb card that does s2 for now, at a cost of $65.00.

1.) My firmware is: 0.9.4001.
2.) Is there any updated firmware? And, does it help with the blind scan speed?
3.) Where would you advise to download the update?
4.) Is it best to download the update from the Internet, or, use my USB storage flash drive? How do I know if my USB memory is formatted in the FAT file system?
5.) Would the update assist with manually loading a channel? I find it impossible to manually install the frequencies, and the transponders, SR. As a result I have never been able to receive RTN on 83 degrees west.
Thanks!

Apprentice,
Thanks!
Whenever I decide it it time to download, and install a new firmware, I will use the link you provided to format the USB. There is some negative review about the latest update. I may wait, and see if there is a new firmware released soon.
It also appears that there is a new firmware needed for using the WiFi? As of this time, I have been unable to locate definitive steps in installing the WiFi connection? ? ? I have a Cradlepoint router for my alltel air card.
Again, thanks!

Guess I had not seen anything about the WI-FI. I don't use wireless unless i have to. I have the house wired for internet connections and of course put a connection by the TV :)

I have also heard some so so things about the new firmware so not sure if I will update to it once I get mine back from Rick or not. Guess it will depend on how brave I am feeling at the moment

My research reveals that the ethernet is weak. I read that it is recommended to use home plug to resolve the issue. Although, I will simply relocate the router. It is a Cradlepoint MBR1000. It is located approximately (30) thirty feet away from the router. The receiver does find the router! It just simply will not connect to it.
It is my understanding that once connected to the Internet, that, a person can connect it to the computer. And, that, it is best to connect to the router via WiFi for connecting to the computer. Hopefully, I will be able to connect to the computer, and be able to watch television from the computer.
The main reason I purchased the router, and it is an expensive route, because it is for a air card, was to connect to the Azbox, and the TK6000 telephone system, that, does not require being used together with a computer, as does the magicjack, and it also will fax.

1.) My firmware is: 0.9.4001.
2.) Is there any updated firmware? And, does it help with the blind scan speed?
3.) Where would you advise to download the update?
4.) Is it best to download the update from the Internet, or, use my USB storage flash drive? How do I know if my USB memory is formatted in the FAT file system?
5.) Would the update assist with manually loading a channel? I find it impossible to manually install the frequencies, and the transponders, SR. As a result I have never been able to receive RTN on 83 degrees west.
Thanks!

Has anybody been able to manually install a frequency, and symbol rate? When I attempt to save the frequency, it does not indicate that it was saved. I have attempted to manually install RTN on 97 degrees, all to no avail. i.e., blind scan, and manually both.
Thanks!

Apprentice,
It appears that you found a 'work around'! Although, I have not tried it yet!

Research has indicated that: "[T}he AZ Premium PLUS cannot currently play the RTV channels.

This is one of the set of S2 channels that it has a problem with."

So, I will have to try your suggestion!
Thanks!

Apprentice,
It appears that you found a 'work around'! Although, I have not tried it yet!

Research has indicated that: "[T}he AZ Premium PLUS cannot currently play the RTV channels.

This is one of the set of S2 channels that it has a problem with."

So, I will have to try your suggestion!
Thanks!

I think the above is confusing the DVB-S2 transponders on AMC28 that the PLUS has problems with, with the DVB-S transponder on AMC9 that it doesn't have a problem with. I think what Apprentice was referring to, is just that the Azbox firmware doesn't like having two transponders of the same polarity within about 3 MHz of the same freq, so if you have a transponder nearby, it won't enter a new one. That's only an issue on low SR transponders. It wouldn't be a factor for the high SR DVB-S2 transponders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts