AZbox Premium+ HDMI problem

kozak

Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
Ontario
Hi everyone;

I’m in all quite happy owner of Azbox Premium+. It is an amazing receiver but unfortunately it developed the following problem:
  • HDMI has a hard time “waking up” after sleep (remote control to turn the box off and on). The only way to reactivate HDMI output is to reboot. Composite and component outputs work normally and stay in proper resolution and in NTSC mode when it happens.. The same HDMI input and HDMI cable on my Samsung TV work 100% reliable with other HD devices such as PS3. I also tried Dell monitor with HDMI input and still no wakeup. There is no difference if I use different resolutions, but my native res. is 1080p.
  • It started to behave like that after editing / adding some satellites by the remote control (not sure if it is a coincidence or not).
  • I was able to restore the HDMI working normally, after re-loading firmware with the default satellite list and formating application area.
  • Editing satellite list made this problem to come back? (Prior to satellite editing, hdmi was working every time, after editing it is intermittent.
  • I do need HDMI for my normal hookup, I don’t want to reboot receiver every time I turn it on with the remote. I’m using 0.9.4991 firmware. I tried 0.9.4931 and the same thing happens.
Similar issue posted by Iceberg back in Dec 2009, Quote:
“also sometimes when I say "sleep" and try and power back on, there is a HDMI handshake issue....sometimes wont send signal to HDTV
this is version 4075...going to try 4056” (end of Quote)

Did anybody else encounter similar problem? If so, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi everyone;

I’m in all quite happy owner of Azbox Premium+. It is an amazing receiver but unfortunately it developed the following problem:
  • HDMI has a hard time “waking up” after sleep (remote control to turn the box off and on). The only way to reactivate HDMI output is to reboot. Composite and component outputs work normally and stay in proper resolution and in NTSC mode when it happens.. The same HDMI input and HDMI cable on my Samsung TV work 100% reliable with other HD devices such as PS3. I also tried Dell monitor with HDMI input and still no wakeup. There is no difference if I use different resolutions, but my native res. is 1080p.
  • It started to behave like that after editing / adding some satellites by the remote control (not sure if it is a coincidence or not).
  • I was able to restore the HDMI working normally, after re-loading firmware with the default satellite list and formating application area.
  • Editing satellite list made this problem to come back? (Prior to satellite editing, hdmi was working every time, after editing it is intermittent.
  • I do need HDMI for my normal hookup, I don’t want to reboot receiver every time I turn it on with the remote. I’m using 0.9.4991 firmware. I tried 0.9.4931 and the same thing happens.
Similar issue posted by Iceberg back in Dec 2009, Quote:
“also sometimes when I say "sleep" and try and power back on, there is a HDMI handshake issue....sometimes wont send signal to HDTV
this is version 4075...going to try 4056” (end of Quote)

Did anybody else encounter similar problem? If so, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Did trying changing the resolution to 1080i?

Sounds like an HDMI handshake issue. We have a similar issue with Samsung HDTV and DTVpal DVR. You might try this, with the TV still off, turn on your AZbox with the remote and then turn on your TV afterwards. The only other solution would be to leave the AZbox turned on after you turn off your TV.

Did trying changing the resolution to 1080i?

Yes I did. Since you mention it, I think and if I recall correctly I had problem with 1080p initially when I started using this box (2 months ago or so). Back than when I had no video on HDMI 1080p I could switch to 1080i (using component out) and it was activating HDMI out at 1080i. After a while I switched back to 1080p and everything worked without any problems, till recently. Now I did I try all resolutions, including 1080i and still problem with “wakeup” persists; it sometimes works, most of the time it doesn’t.

I had the Handshake issue, I thought is went away after one of the Firmware updates.

I guess AXBox-es have personality of their own; after few days of not-so frequent use, and still on 0.9.4991 firmware, HDMI seems to wake up every time when I fire it up once per evening (I didn’t try to cycle sleep –wakeup too many times lately)

I havent had a handshake issue with mine in a long time. I'm using the most current firmware

my TV takes forever to acknowledge HDMI but thats the TV and using HDMI2 ;)

" [FONT=&quot]It started to behave like that after editing / adding some satellites by the remote control (not sure if it is a coincidence or not)."

Well, that's 2 of us. I added some sats via the remote this weekend for the first time and now I have the [/FONT]
intermittent HDMI wakeup problem. I am going to reformat, and reload firmware AND then restore my channel list from 2 weeks ago prior to the manual editing done. (FYI, this problem was not present after using Maz 3.0 to add/edit sats-only those added via remote.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts