Azbox HD Premium Plus

Azbox plus working good now plays all the channels I have on the vantage 1100 hd from 139 west to t12 at 15 west .Tape I dont no secane the birds and play the channels no problems Internete good to. S2 feeds no problems all working 4.2.2 good

103.0W AMC 1

After I found channels listed on: 103.0W AMC 1, I attempted to install them. And, it caused the 97.0W to completely become deleted. This satellite [97.0W] calls it self AMC 3, on the Azbox. Dr. Sat indicates there are (4) four channels on 103.0W AMC 1? ? ? There are (2) two channels listed that are NBC East, and NBC Central, that I would like to watch.

Does anybody have the detailed instructions for using the Maz FTP to transfer the channels/satellites into the Maz, for saving to circumvent the problem of losing a satellite, and/or channels. Likewise, a friend of mine has me to program his Azbox, and it would be nice to have my channels, and satellites transferred to Maz, so I could hook his received up, and simply transfer the satellites, and channels. Additionally, I have noticed several post that the wireless keyboard/mouse combo is a big help for this.
Thanks!

Latest Firmware

After installing the new firmware, I have had no problems. I was hoping that it would fix my problem with 72.0w, on the Gospel Broadcasting Network (GBN). It still takes a couple of minutes to come on, and the voice is still garbled for a minute or so.

Firmware update

After attempting to install KU NBC channels on 103.0w, I was finally able to install them a couple of hours ago. My Azbox HD Premium Plus is suppose to be able to play the DVB-S2. However, when I attempted previously they would not come in. Even though I would attempt to install the channels manually. They [103.0w] would cause the stb to act flaky. Now, with the latest firmware it comes in, and will not play. The channels indicate good signal strength, and quality. However, it freezes, and causes the Pentagon channel to not change to that channel. The other satellites will be indicating channels grayed out. I delete the 103.0w, and everything is fine. My set up is with a diseqc, and has always worked fine with my Coolsat 6000 premium? ? ?
Perhaps, I will have to wait for a firmware update to be released. Some are posting that if a person flashes the update firmware version with Maz it will help? ? ?

After attempting to install KU NBC channels on 103.0w, I was finally able to install them a couple of hours ago. My Azbox HD Premium Plus is suppose to be able to play the DVB-S2. However, when I attempted previously they would not come in. Even though I would attempt to install the channels manually. They [103.0w] would cause the stb to act flaky. Now, with the latest firmware it comes in, and will not play. The channels indicate good signal strength, and quality. However, it freezes, and causes the Pentagon channel to not change to that channel. The other satellites will be indicating channels grayed out. I delete the 103.0w, and everything is fine. My set up is with a diseqc, and has always worked fine with my Coolsat 6000 premium? ? ?
Perhaps, I will have to wait for a firmware update to be released. Some are posting that if a person flashes the update firmware version with Maz it will help? ? ?
I doubt that any subsequent firmware updates will help. Although I have an Elite, and not the Plus, and can't confirm, the last couple firmware versions were supposed to have fixed the problems that the Plus had playing those channels. I don't know what your using for an LNB/LNBF, but if it's an LNBF (which I assume since you're messing with the Ku signals), then I'd guess that your issue with the NBC channels is the abnormal skew on AMC1. Also, your issue with graying out other channels, etc, I would guess that it is likely corrupted channel data, not anything to do with the firmware specifically. Basically when channel data is corrupted, attempts to add or delete satellites will mess up other sats. Once you get channel data that isn't corrupted, then generally this won't happen, but it can be a struggle, and sometimes requires both eliminating the corruption, often by starting from scratch, and also perhaps by the potentially risky procedure of replacing the default sat file in the backup directory. I have not yet done the latter, but eventually will.

NBC channels 103.0w

After viewing on another site, that, 103.0w had (2) two channels for NBC, and supposedly they played continously. I installed them, and have had several problems since. It has made the receiver quite flaky. Just as the IPTV channels did. For instance the channels on some satellites are sometimes grayed out. Often, I will have to reboot to be able to get the channels to play. I finally placed the settings correctly for NBC channels, and they sometimes play, garbled, stuttering, and they certainly do not appear to be continues. My system is motorized with the largest ku reflector for ku, just under the 1.2, and has a diseqc swithch. It has always worked well.
I believe the channels have become corrupted by the fact, I installed the IPTV channels. Does anybody have the instructions for removing all of the satellites, and channels?
Should I remove them with Maz? And reinstall from a channel list?
I have Maz client. I find it to be about as user friendly as the Azbox HD Premium Plus!
Although, I love my Azbox!

Updated firmware version

Firmware version: azbox-0.9.4931-patch.bin installed! All seems good! For some time I believed my diseqc swithc was the problem. The latest firmware was suppose to fix this!

Does anyone know how to fix the power supply on the premium plus? Mine just died.

based upon reports that I've read, everyone that has ended up with a bad power supply on the Premium + has ended up needing to get a replacment powersupply. Haven't heard of any Ultras going bad yet so there must be something about the Premium + and/or power supply.

i found the problem with the azbox premium plus power units. The 82mf, 420v capacitor in the unit is faulty. When it dies, it shorts a circuit that blows the thermal fuse too.

Fix: You must be good at soldering as you will need to remove the heatsink that covers the whole component board.
1. Replace the 82mf, 420v capacitor with a new capacitor of thesame rating. +- 20% tolerance on the capacitance will work but make sure the voltage is greater than or equal to 420V.
2. Replace the thermal fuse. Be careful with soldering the fuse as the heat from the soldering iron might blow the fuse. You might need a 10w soldering iron.

I just repaired my power unit and it is back working like magic.

Enjoy,

great info sanjap. any thoughts if its something about the ps design which is leading to the capacitor failing or do you think they are using bad capacitors to start with? I guess if your replacement holds up, the answer is the latter. you might forward this info to Azbox to help out their customers.

great info sanjap. any thoughts if its something about the ps design which is leading to the capacitor failing or do you think they are using bad capacitors to start with? .....

Since there are some people who never have the problem, and the people who do have the problem seem to have it again and again, I really have to suspect that the issue might be related to how these receivers are being used. Ie something leading to an abnormal power drain on the receiver, such as a shorted LNB or coax, motor with abnormal power drain, or connecting receivers without DC blocks, or faulty grounding in the home power system.
Yeah, it could be PS design or a bad batch of capacitors, or a design flaw in the receiver itself, but the pattern of the failures sure seem suspicious to me.

I have done extensive tests on all each of the components on this power supply. Below are my findings.
1. During development of this power supply, tests were never done with 110V. Seems all R&D was done using 240V only.
2. It is very likely, i am not sure or have the data to prove but it is very likely folks from different countries using this power supply on 240V are not having these issues.

Why do i say the above. Most capacitors get bad, especially cheap capacitors from "under powered" supplies or from Heat. There are other reasons such as the malfunctioning of another component etc but that is not the case here.

The reason why some people are having the issue while others are not might just be due to the different patterns of use, heat levels of different locations where they are used, power levels of the different homes. Whatever the case, just know it is only a matter of time or a matter of change of use before the ps fails.

Disclaimer : The above is for information purposes only.

Since there are some people who never have the problem, and the people who do have the problem seem to have it again and again, I really have to suspect that the issue might be related to how these receivers are being used. Ie something leading to an abnormal power drain on the receiver, such as a shorted LNB or coax, motor with abnormal power drain, or connecting receivers without DC blocks, or faulty grounding in the home power system.
Yeah, it could be PS design or a bad batch of capacitors, or a design flaw in the receiver itself, but the pattern of the failures sure seem suspicious to me.

Spot on BJ.

It is a combination of usage + bad design. Bad design is the constant while usage is the variable.

Failure = Usage + Bad Design + k ( unknown ).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)