Azbox issue when using browser tab

B.J.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Western Maine
I asked this question over at the ricks forum a couple months ago, and never got an answer, so I'm trying here.

Using the Browser tab .... with firmware version 0.9.2371

I don't use the browser tab that often, but have found it useful for popping up a weather site to show some local weather radar maps.
One problem though, is that I can't seem to get it to remove some of the navigation window contents from the web page I'm trying to view.
For example, when I go into the browser tab, I have the URL of the weather page entered in the url block, as my home page, and it automatically goes to that URL when I go into the browser tab. However, if I hit either the menu or exit buttons to remove the browser navigation menu from the screen, the menu itself goes away, however it leaves the contents of the URL block on the screen, which of course obscures part of the weather page I'm trying to view. I cannot seem to get rid of this block no matter what I try.
It seems like this didn't used to be the case, so maybe the firmware got corrupted a bit, and a reload of the firmware is in order, but I'd really like to avoid that if there is a workaround.
It's also possible that I've corrupted the URL lists in some way, as I've manually edited the URLs by grabbing the files via FTP, editing them, and re-inserting them back into the Azbox in order to avoid difficult typing of URLs with the remote.
Anyway, I'm just curious whether it's just me, or if anyone else has noticed this behavior, and or knows of some way to remove the URL block from the screen. Perhaps this is a firmware specific issue that doesn't happen with other versions, but I've been reluctant to change versions until a version comes out that either does high bitrate record/playback or blind search.

Just tried weather.com
Entered Web Address, waited a week for page to load :) , pressed exit, everything cleared.
Firmware 3281.

Thanks. I guess I need to either reload my firmware, or upgrade to a newer one. I was hoping for some significant improvements before upgrading the firmware. I don't use the browser that much, so I might still wait.

B.J.

I am also using image file 3281 as Lak7 is. It has quirks too, but I find it much more desirable than the previous images. I don't experience the "artifacts" like you are observing in the browser.

The 3281 image also has an "idle mode" or "sleep mode" for the HDD. Not sure how well this works, but I noticed it was there among a few other perks.

RADAR

where did you find that radar? In the menus?

I didnt like having my hard drive powered on 24/7. I liked the Visionsat setup that when the Visionsat was in standby the HDD was also "off"

where did you find that radar? In the menus?

I didnt like having my hard drive powered on 24/7. I liked the Visionsat setup that when the Visionsat was in standby the HDD was also "off"

Iceberg,

I found it in the menu: SETTINGS > STORAGE

It is a timer to put the HDD to sleep after X minutes of idle time (user selectable timeout).

RADAR

Just another comment on the HDD SLEEP mode,

I have both an internal (500GB) HDD and an external (750 GB) USB HDD. This sleep (standby) timer feature applies to both. When you set it up for one, it sets it the same for the other (they are not independent).

RADAR

okey dokey...I only have one HDD :)

Is that an official "Okey Dokey" from Colonel Potter? LOL :D

Just out of curiosity, what are you using for a HDD? Internal or external USB?

I know this is going off topic, but B.J.'s problem seems to be resolved or at least under investigation for the moment, so I hope it is OK that I ask a quicky sidebar question here.

RADAR

I'm more of a Bull Shannon from Night Court kinda "okey dokey"

western digital 320GB hard drive.
external unit plugs into A/C. Used it on the Visionsat beforehand

HA! That is great! I really miss Night Court, that was a very good show!

We ought to keep track of all the HDDs (internal and external) that we have been using and known to work well and make a sticky for AZBox users to reference. I think that this receiver is going to be a HOT one!

RADAR

Iceberg,

I found it in the menu: SETTINGS > STORAGE

It is a timer to put the HDD to sleep after X minutes of idle time (user selectable timeout).

RADAR

I dont see that. I pluged in my HDD and the only thing it allows me to do is scroll through the different USB drives (if I had more than one drive) and to format

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts