AzBox issues

Christopherve7alb

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Victoria BC
I've been having problems displaying the PBS HD channels since I got this receiver and am wondering if any of you guys can help me out. About 25% of the time I can actually get the PBS HD channels. I have a strong signal on 12140 (about 60%) and all the SD channels come in fine. Most of the time I will go to watch the HD channel and I just get a black screen. I've tried re-scanning but the channels don't appear when I scan that transponder. I've tried to add the channels manually but no luck their either same useless black screen.

I've tried rebooting countless times and have done a couple of factory defaults any suggestion you've got would be much appreciated.

what firmware ?
not that it seems to be the problem. the fact you get them 25% of the time kinda kills that.
is that 60% Quality or Signal ?
i get them all the time with 49%Quality 78%Signal.

good luck

If you can't get PBS HD to come in on the Coolsat the first thing that came to mind is that you might be pointed a little more west to Horizons 1, which also has a 12140 H 30000 3/4 signal. You'll get a signal lock but just not the signal you thought.

If you can't get PBS HD to come in on the Coolsat the first thing that came to mind is that you might be pointed a little more west to Horizons 1, which also has a 12140 H 30000 3/4 signal. You'll get a signal lock but just not the signal you thought.

its actually vertical polarity but I was thinking the same thing (that he might be getting 127W)

I posted something on this same thing yesterday ;)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/2006367-post13.html

I've been having problems displaying the PBS HD channels since I got this receiver and am wondering if any of you guys can help me out. About 25% of the time I can actually get the PBS HD channels. I have a strong signal on 12140 (about 60%) and all the SD channels come in fine. Most of the time I will go to watch the HD channel and I just get a black screen. I've tried re-scanning but the channels don't appear when I scan that transponder. I've tried to add the channels manually but no luck their either same useless black screen.

I've tried rebooting countless times and have done a couple of factory defaults any suggestion you've got would be much appreciated.
Have you tried the "Insert HD Flag" feature? Press the Ok button > highlight the channel> Menu button> scroll to "Insert HD flag" and hit the Ok button. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Coolsat doesn't have diseq 1.1 which is the whole reason I got the Azbox, my PBS dish is on LNB 7 so in order to use the Coolsat I'll have to swap the switches out. In a related problem my AzBox refuses to update. I select firmware 2880 and it downloads the file then returns with "fail to update"

It's just one problem after another with this box LOL

Coolsat doesn't have diseq 1.1 which is the whole reason I got the Azbox, my PBS dish is on LNB 7 so in order to use the Coolsat I'll have to swap the switches out. In a related problem my AzBox refuses to update. I select firmware 2880 and it downloads the file then returns with "fail to update"

It's just one problem after another with this box LOL

Diseqc 1.1 IS supported on the CS8000 with some of the later "hacker" firmware versions. That might be something to consider, since the firmware doesn't hack anything anymore.
:)

I select firmware 2880 and it downloads the file then returns with "fail to update"
That needs to be fixed. You can download it to a USB Stick, and reboot with USB Stick attached, will ask you to update while booting.

Working?

I Updated the firmware to the latest version (using the method that Lak suggested) and it seems to be working just fine. I'm getting a little less quality (about 40%) on the HD transponder but the channels are coming in just fine. Thanks a lot guys hopefully it will continue to work :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts