New AZBox elite , question about MAZ and Azbox editor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

comfrey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 21, 2009
BC
Hello, I set up my new AZbox elite and have been playing with it for the last couple of days.
I've worked though quite a number of quirks but have gotten familiar with the beast.

I tried the Azbox editor to retrieve and send the satellite information but it seems flakey when importing the satellites.xml it crashes and gives me errors. (I'm not at my regular pc so I don't remember the exact error, something to do with overrun error)
Anyway I tried the MAZ util someone posted and it seems pretty good but I can't find a way to import the satellites.xml file. What I attempted to do was use the AZbox editor to import and save as the .dat file... then use MAZ to edit and upload.

Also everytime I use MAZ to go back and forth with the channel/satellite list it nukes my position information i.e. if it' set to USALS it's fine but if its set using DiSEqc for position it gets lost, very annoying

Anyone else have similar experiences or am I just doing something I shouldn't.

Thanks.

Which version of Edit did you try?
Don't play with XML file using Notepad editor, Use Notepad++
I'm using both; AzboxEdit .2880a and MAZ 2.1.

Which version of Edit did you try?
Don't play with XML file using Notepad editor, Use Notepad++
I'm using both; AzboxEdit .2880a and MAZ 2.1.

Using exactly the same versions as you, generated the satellites.xml using the generator at satellites-xml.eu. How are you importing the xml file into MAZ?

I don't think that MaZ will import an XML file. But AzboxEdit does. If you load the XML file into AzboxEdit, upload the new files to the Azbox, then download them back to your computer with MaZ, then you can work with them.

I believe. heh.

Using exactly the same versions as you, generated the satellites.xml using the generator at satellites-xml.eu. How are you importing the xml file into MAZ?

I imported XML file using AZBOXEdit, without any problem. I was not able to sucesfully edit LNB frequency, but other setting (USALS, DiSEqC) went OK.

I sent files to AZBOX, and set LNB frequency for all satelites, and scanned H2 (Editor didn't like it if thewe was no all_channel.dat).

Re-downloaded files using MAZ and done final editing ( There was still plenty of satelites and TPs which I had to delete ).

Finlaly I saved it to local HDD and sent it to AZBox.

I imported XML file using AZBOXEdit, without any problem. I was not able to sucesfully edit LNB frequency, but other setting (USALS, DiSEqC) went OK.

I sent files to AZBOX, and set LNB frequency for all satelites, and scanned H2 (Editor didn't like it if thewe was no all_channel.dat).

Re-downloaded files using MAZ and done final editing ( There was still plenty of satelites and TPs which I had to delete ).

Finlaly I saved it to local HDD and sent it to AZBox.

Ok, I double checked and I did not have the exact version of AZBOXEdit
I had 0.9.2880 not 0.9.2880a. This minor release change seems to have made the difference, Thanks very much for your help!

I got hosed yesterday using Maz and Azboxedit. My sat list got corrupted (all channels grayed out) and the USAL /DiSEqC info got rearranged. As well the sat locations were loco! It reached a point where Maz had error messages trying to read a saved file. Importing from the box dropped channels.

Fix: Start from scratch in the box. Loaded FW. Rebuilt sat list. Saved list to USB. Got a clean copy of Maz ( or throw out the 4 setting files), edit. Send back to box. Save channels to USB. All good (for) now.

BTW Maz won't let you rename saved files, but you can rename them manually in the folder, e.g. 2all_channel.dat. Then when opening files in Maz it will only see all_channel.dat. Just put a number in front of that name and Maz loads it fine.

Maz also seems to have problems if you delete channels to the end of the list. If it freaks out, save to file, quit and reload.

I also tried to save a blank list with just my sats and TPs in Maz and sent it to the box. The box will not like this and substitute your list with it's own default list, with all of the Euro Sats. Leave at least one channel in your list and all will be fine.

Hope this helps. Learn from my mistakes, I make a lot of them.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-11-03 at 7.31.44 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2009-11-03 at 7.31.44 AM.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 453
I got hosed yesterday using Maz and Azboxedit. My sat list got corrupted (all channels grayed out) and the USAL /DiSEqC info got rearranged. As well the sat locations were loco! It reached a point where Maz had error messages trying to read a saved file. Importing from the box dropped channels.

Fix: Start from scratch in the box. Loaded FW. Rebuilt sat list. Saved list to USB. Got a clean copy of Maz ( or throw out the 4 setting files), edit. Send back to box. Save channels to USB. All good (for) now.

BTW Maz won't let you rename saved files, but you can rename them manually in the folder, e.g. 2all_channel.dat. Then when opening files in Maz it will only see all_channel.dat. Just put a number in front of that name and Maz loads it fine.

Maz also seems to have problems if you delete channels to the end of the list. If it freaks out, save to file, quit and reload.

I also tried to save a blank list with just my sats and TPs in Maz and sent it to the box. The box will not like this and substitute your list with it's own default list, with all of the Euro Sats. Leave at least one channel in your list and all will be fine.

Hope this helps. Learn from my mistakes, I make a lot of them.

I feel your pain, I went through the exact same issues. It felt as though I was caught in a perpetual catch 22. I finally just used the AZboxeditor and gave up on MAZ.
I had some interesting strangeness in that I had duplicate channels listed as 01 02 03 etc. I removed the channel using the remote and rescanned the satellite, this seemed to fix it.

I feel your pain, I went through the exact same issues. It felt as though I was caught in a perpetual catch 22. I finally just used the AZboxeditor and gave up on MAZ.
I had some interesting strangeness in that I had duplicate channels listed as 01 02 03 etc. I removed the channel using the remote and rescanned the satellite, this seemed to fix it.

I went the other way. I found (repeated again) that Azboxedit corrupted my channel list. And because v.3686 doesn't erase the sat/channel list, I had to use v.2880 as a factory default, then reload my blank_all_channel.dat (I knew that would come in handy), then rescan.

fun,fun,fun

I went the other way. I found (repeated again) that Azboxedit corrupted my channel list. And because v.3686 doesn't erase the sat/channel list, I had to use v.2880 as a factory default, then reload my blank_all_channel.dat (I knew that would come in handy), then rescan.

fun,fun,fun

Ok that explains the strange channel list I got after uploading using Azboxedit v2880 with firmware v.3936.
I Still have the issue with MAZ that it clobbers my DiSEqC positions. I think once I have a list that works and is complete I'll leave well enough alone. For me it was more the Satellite list I wanted vs the channel editor. (There didn't seem to be an AMC 21 in the default and the GoGo list only fetches channels not Satellites)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)