AZbox sound dropouts on amc4

concord

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
Southern North Carolina
Left a message in another long thread, but think it got lost. On amc4, ones with sound only keep dropping out. The test channels come in fine. Thought maybe there was something about the newest firmware or my receiver.

So I downloaded 2880 and replaced 3686 with the older version, but have same problem. This is most likely a firmware issue, but doubt it will be fixed...probably not an issue overseas.

One thing I did find out, before replacing I used MAZ to download my changes and saved them. After installing older firmware version, I was not able to upload my channel/sat changes from the file saved from the newer firmware.

I guess I'll keep the visionsat as the primary receiver and only use the AZbox for weekends to get the channels that pop up for sports/news until I get a C-Band or mini-C setup. Or maybe break out my old mythtv box and get a dvb-s2 usb/card instead.

I have similar problem with all channel with AC3 with new FW, but is working OK with 2880.
I'm connecting to amplifier through TOSLINK.

weird....I'm using the newest firmware and just through HDMI cable. No issues. Watched wrestling Friday night on My HD (and the audio is AC-3)

What audio channels on AMC4? Do you have a specific example?

Any of the channels without a picture (i.e. Fox, MSnbc, cnbc, etc), including ac3 ones. I had it where when displaying the ALL channel selection, a little sat with a key symbol on it shows up just before it drops out, upper right cornern. Drops out about 2 seconds, then comes back. Orignally connected via HDMI.

However, after switching back to composite, still same with standard left/right RCA out...but lost the little sat. Added optical out, same thing. Went back to HDMI, same thing...still drops out for a few seconds, no little sat appearing. Not sure how encrypt works, but Sounds like it's picking up a strobe of some type...

Audio/Vid Settings: HDMI, NTSC 720p, 16:9, Pillar, NA, AC3, Dolby, 21, B/G 5.5Mhz, 30

101W, 10750, 1.0LNB1 Off, 0, ON, 12060MHz (H), USALS

Quality: 60

There is a bug in the last firmware or two, that causes audio drop outs on the optical audio output, but doesn't on the HDMI or analog outputs.

I can be watching something with my stereo and TV audio and the stereo now drops out and comes back after a half to two second drop out but the TV audio via HDMI is uninterrupted.

This issue has been confirmed by others.

There is a bug in the last firmware or two, that causes audio drop outs on the optical audio output, but doesn't on the HDMI or analog outputs.

I can be watching something with my stereo and TV audio and the stereo now drops out and comes back after a half to two second drop out but the TV audio via HDMI is uninterrupted.

scaned them in, it does have the drop out also.
sorry http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air...ml#post2006088

Thanks for the info. I have it on all audio outputs, only on the 101w $ channels. Tried recording one, but it's corrupting the ts file also. Seems to get worse after switching back from one of the other channels (3ABN, etc). Just trying to figure out if the receiver is actually defective or something in the firmware. Looks like it's doing the same for others.

I don't have the problem on all channels, and some more than others. I also have the problem when playing movies as well.

I didn't have this problem myself with the 2880 firmware or earlier. You should try one of those if you haven't already and see if the problem disappears.

Thats why I dont have the issues then since I'm using HDMI

good to know I'm not crazy :)

I was having trouble with audio dropouts, every 10 seconds for about 1 second. When I updated the image file, I found no improvement. Under advice for another issue, I formatted the DOM (the Application Area) when I upgraded the image. This resolved the audio dropout for me.

You have to back up your sat and TP and channel files first (in folder DISK2, back up all_channels.dat, antenna_list.dat and DVBS.dat). These files will be wiped clean when you format the App Area.

When you load an image file to a USB drive and reboot the AZBox, you will have maybe five choices or options. Number 3 or 4 is to update or format the Application Area (which is the DOM). Try this.

Update the image, then format the App. Area and then reload all of your backed up files.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts