Azbox Junk

plumberguy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Hi
I have a premium hd It was working fine for maybe 3 months but now after a few minutes the screen turns green.

I have reflashed it with different software like 5.06 and 5.20 and still same thing.

anyone ever had this problem

I have googled green screen azbox and nothing.

next for me is to RTM.

Thanks if any help

Hi
I have a premium hd It was working fine for maybe 3 months but now after a few minutes the screen turns green.

anyone ever had this problem

Thanks if any help

Yes, possibly I have seen this.
If the video is still present, but the tint is turned totally green (or red or pink or blue, etc) then check your video cables. If you lose one of your RGB signals, you will still have the video information but the color will be very imbalanced. I cannot say that this is your trouble, but I have seen this before.

If you just have a blank green screen (absolutely no video at all, just the pastel green) then you might be on a HD channel and lost the signal. In this case you may have a dish alignment problem or a poor connection between your receiver and your LNBF. Check the least expensive items first in this case. Cable connections first, switches second, motor and LNBF third and alignment last.

You will have to isolate the source of this problem by applying some trial and error approaches. Try other channels, try other satellites, report your signal quality readings and equipment specificis. Type and model of each. Also, any weather conditions, just in case.

RADAR

PS Please don't refer to any equipment as "JUNK". Every component that we spend our money on is not "junk". Glitchy, troubled or problematic are more appropriate descriptions, but "junk" is too heavy and most often inaccurate. Besides, you hurt my feelings! LOL :) Yes, the AZBox is my best friend and you called it junk. Shame on you!

Don't worry Plumberguy, I am just giving you a hard time. Please understand my sense of humor.

Last edited:
I have move the azbox from tv to test tv with different cables and with out dish hooked up.

It does not matter if I play video from HD or just turn and leave it alone for a min or 2 it will turn green

Thanks for help

I have move the azbox from tv to test tv with different cables and with out dish hooked up.

It does not matter if I play video from HD or just turn and leave it alone for a min or 2 it will turn green

Thanks for help

Plumberguy,

OK, I understand that.

You are ruling out the TV itself by using another TV. You are using different cables which rules them out. Correct?

However, what you say you are playing back from the HDD, is that something that you recorded from a satellite? If it is, then you cannot trust that because you could merely be playing back a bad signal. If you have other programs on your HDD that are not recorded from a satellite and they fail, too... Then your problem is not with the reception of the satellite signal or your connections between your receiver and your dish. Do you follow me along this line? If you send a DVD to your HDD and attempt to replay it and it fails in the same way, then you can rule out the satellite signal as the source of the problem, too.

Can you verify this?

If you can, then we are narrowing down the field of possible components to blame.

What video outputs are you using? Can you try the HDMI and compare that with the composite and the component and the S-Video outputs?

Is the audio signal alright?

RADAR

Hey thanks RADAR

It is not a tv problem I moved it from to main tv to a tv that I can play with it so the wife does not miss her shows LOL.

I have been using the composite yellow, red, and white cables will try more testing today.

Going to try with HDMI

No it is not a recorded program problem I don't have to be watching anything for the screen to just turn green. I had it on sat and/or watching off HD or off computer still turns green. So it is not a (TV/movie/reception) problem.

I reboot and it works for 1 to 2 minutes and then it turns green.

Looking like a hardware problem to me but going to do more testing today....

Thanks again

Some of the early Premium receivers had a problem with the external power supply. Since yours seems to function for a specific amount of time then shut down it may be that the power supply voltage is changing up or down as it heats up and causing this problem. If you have a meter and can check the output voltage of the power supply while the receiver is running that would confirm or eliminate that as the cause.

Is it heating up? Is it located on a closed space with poor ventilation?. what happens the first time you power it up the next day after being unplugged overnight?, Does it last longer and then it starts working for just 2 min?.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)