AZBOX AZBOX ME - Europe - blind scanning....

manikm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
UK
hi guys,

do any of you have an AZBOX ME which you use to blind scan?>

do you use the enigma images to do it, or the disgusting NEUTRINO muck?

do you find the ME a good box for blind scanning, is it fast, does it clear 4.2.2 ?

im thinking of getting one, or a TBS6925 PCI-E card for the PC.

anyone using the TBS5925 USB version on a laptop???

thanks!

hi guys,

do you find the ME a good box for blind scanning, is it fast, does it clear 4.2.2 ?

thanks!

just found this clip, so guess its working well...
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01bpr3G8Bas

and that was a year ago, so with openazbox release 7 it should be great by now.....from here:
_http://www.azbox-enigma.eu/RTi/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=31

??? let me know, as i think i want one.

hi guys,

thanks!

Yes I use the ME with Open RSI 3.0 with the Satscan plugin for blind scanning, works well, albeit a bit slow to scan. No updates for Aztrino for a long time, although AZbox Canada have version for the MiniMe which has been improved with a new download.

Keep in mind that the AzBox Me has been discontinued for quite some time now. This is mainly due to the fact that about 20% to 30% of the units manufactured had a hardware defect with the power module. I would only buy it if you can find somebody locally in the UK still selling it and being able to test the unit before purchasing it by connecting it to a TV via HDMI with the volume turned up. Impacted units will experience a loud buzzing sound after a few minutes of use.

Please note that the AzBox miniMe does NOT have this hardware defect. At this time, our development efforts are focused on the miniMe American Edition as it is the only current AzBox model currently in the market.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
No updates for Aztrino for a long time, although AZbox Canada have version for the MiniMe which has been improved with a new download.

As we told you before, Aztrino has nothing to do with the miniMe American Edition firmware as it was coded from scratch rather than being a customized version of Aztrino. You will clearly see the differences once you receive your unit that you mentioned via PM having ordered from one of our dealers. Yes, there are certain components such as the MRUA multimedia libraries which are the same across all firmwares out there as only Sigma has the source code on those.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the AzBox Me has been discontinued for quite some time now. This is mainly due to the fact that about 20% to 30% of the units manufactured had a hardware defect with the power module. I would only buy it if you can find somebody locally in the UK still selling it and being able to test the unit before purchasing it by connecting it to a TV via HDMI with the volume turned up. Impacted units will experience a loud buzzing sound after a few minutes of use.

Please note that the AzBox miniMe does NOT have this hardware defect. At this time, our development efforts are focused on the miniMe American Edition as it is the only current AzBox model currently in the market.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada
hasnt the MINIME also, due to the fact that AZBOX as a company are no more (opensat)

hasnt the MINIME also, due to the fact that AZBOX as a company are no more (opensat)

No, the miniMe is still in production along with the upcoming Titan model by HTCE Limited who now owns the AzBox brand.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

interesting.
im pretty sure with OPENRSI \ OPENAZBOX - and the v1.3 satscan plugin, it should behave quite well on blindscan...

No, the miniMe is still in production along with the upcoming Titan model by HTCE Limited who now owns the AzBox brand.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

You will be lucky to find a MiniMe on sale here in the UK or Europe. I have seen not one dealer stocking them. I also thought these were now out of production along with the ME

i got an ME last night!!!

ive slaved it off an Xtrend 9200 but im getting low signal...i might have to get a priority smart switch.

ps when i plugged the cable directly in and download satscan plugin 1.3 (in menu) but comes down as 1.4 - blind scan worked brilliantly - very happy.

i wish it said which feeds were 4.2.2 - i dont think theres a way to tell/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)