AZBOX ME USALS

sony1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
I have USALS working with AZTRINO but cannot get it to work with ENIGM2 1.81 or OPENRS1 2.1

Anyone have ENIGMA2 or OPENRS1 working with USALS?

If so can you please advise me how to get it working.

Sony,

I have not engaged in the installation of any firmware images other than the Official AZBox firmware from OpenSat,
Therefore, I don't know if the folks who wrote the code for Enigma have changed anything from the original "factory" firmware.

I can tell you that for a H-H motorized Ku band system, the official factory firmware works excellently with USALS.

There are items that you will definitely need to ensure are set up correctly when using USALS. Plumb mast of course and proper entry of your site's geographic coordinates (latitude and longitude). One of the key stumbling blocks that I can cite is the identification of N vs S for the latitude entry and the E vs W for the longitude entry. You will have to ensure that you use the proper method of entry for the Enigma firmware code.

Since I cannot say for certain, take the following for just general info.... They might be requiring you to enter a negative sign for WEST longitudes and a positive sign (or no sign) for EAST longitudes as opposed to the alphabetic "E" or "W". That is just something to check on to ensure that you enter the data properly.

There could be all sorts of reasons why your USALS is not working and without testing the same code (firmware) myself, I cannot say if it is something you are doing or a problem with the firmware.

Sounds like it works for you with AZTRINO, so maybe there is something with the Enigma firmware. Could be a glitch or it could be some special method that you aren't following in the setup.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts