Status
Please reply by conversation.

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
AzBox Americas is proud to announce the release of firmware versions 2.03 and 1.87 for the AzBox miniMe American Edition.

These releases now enable users to either upgrade or downgrade to and from 2.x and 1.x series firmware and adds enhanced data verification during the kernel / bootloader flashing procedure. This should resolve the issues that a few users have experienced with a non-booting receiver due to a corrupted kernel / bootloader.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWNG CAREFULLY AND CHOOSE THE CORRECT UPGRADE PATH BASED ON YOUR CURRENT FIRMWARE VERSION IN ORDER TO AVOID POTENTIAL ISSUES DURING THE UPGRADE PROCESS:

• Firmware 1.86 or lower upgrading to 2.03: First upgrade to 1.87 Release 09.01.2015 16:24 under online update or download and flash miniMe_AmericanEdition_187.img which is listed under AzBox miniMe American edition firmware version 1.87 Release on the website.

Once your receiver is upgraded to 1.87, you may then proceed in upgrading to 2.03 KFL Release 09.01.2015 16:57 under online update or download and flash miniMe_AE_v203.kfl which is listed under AzBox miniMe American edition firmware version 2.03 KFL Release on the website. Please note that in some cases, your receiver may not automatically reboot after the firmware finishes flashing. If your receiver does not reboot after over 1 minute the flash operation completed, please press and hold down the power button for 5 seconds in order to do a hard reboot of the unit.

• Firmware 2.00, 2.01 or 2.02 upgrading to 2.03: Upgrade to 2.03 UFL Release 09.01.2015 16:56 under online update or download and flash miniMe_AE_v203.ufl which is listed under AzBox miniMe American edition firmware version 2.03 UFL Release on the website.

• Firmware 2.03 downgrading to 1.87: Downgrade to 1.87 KFL Release 09.01.2015 16:25 under online update or download and flash miniMe_AmericanEdition_187.kfl which is listed under AzBox miniMe American edition firmware version 1.87 KFL Release on the website. Please note that 2.00, 2.01 or 2.02 firmware users MUST upgrade to 2.03 first before downgrading to 1.87.

Firwmare version 2.03 also includes the following enhancements based on SatelliteGuys member feedback.

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed signal quality bar showing 0 instead of 100% on strong signals
    Issue reported by bobsav2001 and migold - Thank you!
  • Fixed issue where receiver's GUI was restarting when tuning certain channels.
    Issue reported by bobsav2001 - Thank you!
  • Fixed online radio player under new kernel and improved buffering performance
  • Fixed pausing function not working during Youtube video playback
  • Other miscellaneous fixes

Improvements:
  • Added scan for wireless networks and improved performance under new kernel.
  • Updated entire North American radio station list with current streaming URL's (including SatelliteGuys Radio and WION)
  • Added support for downgrading from 2.x to 1.x series firmware.

Please note that it is NOT possible to preserve user settings when upgrading or downgrading to a KFL format firmware release as the kernel / bootloader is updated as part of the process. However, upgrading to Release .img or UFL Release .ufl firmwares still provide you with the option to preserve user settings during the upgrade.

In order to preserve your user preferences and scanned channels during a KFL firmware upgrade, you must first back up up your current user settings to a USB flash drive. Once the update is completed, the backed up user settings can easily be restored without any issues which will restore everything including configured satellites and scanned channels.

To backup your all your system settings which includes dish configuration and scanned channels, go to:
Settings -> Manage settings -> Backup system configuration after connecting a USB drive to the unit.

Restoring your system backup including dish configuration and scanned channels is just as easy:
Settings -> Manage settings -> Restore system configuration then select your time stamped backup file off your connected USB drive.

Available for download now via the Internet update function on network connected receivers or download via our support page on azboxamericas.com to install using your USB flash drive.

Have fun and happy feedhunting!

Last edited:
Firmware 2.00, 2.01 or 2.02 upgrading to 2.03: Upgrade to 2.03 UFL Release 09.01.2015 16:56 under online update or download and flash miniMe_AE_v203.ufl which is listed under AzBox miniMe American edition firmware version 2.03 UFL Release on the website.

Correction on the above instructions, it should read as follows:

Firmware 2.00, 2.01 or 2.02 upgrading to 2.03: Upgrade to 2.03 UFL Release 09.01.2015 16:56 under online update or download and flash miniMe_AE_v203.ufl which is listed under AzBox miniMe American edition firmware version 2.03 UFL Release on the website.

For this time only, when the system prompts to preserve user settings, please answer NO

The preserve user settings option can only be used under the 2.x firmware level after the 2.03 KFL Release has been installed when upgrading with future 2.x platform firmware upgrades.

Last edited:
I must have done something wrong. I went from 2.02 to 2.03 using the UFL file. In the information page it shows 2.03 KFL and is rebooting every other time I switch channels.

For this release, it will show 2.03 KFL release in the firmware version page even if you flashed the 2.03 UFL release so there is no need to worry.

Both firmwares are the same but the UFL release does not include the 2.x series Firmware / bootloader. As you were already at the 2.x level, there is no need to flash the KFL release in your case.

Last edited:
For this release, it will show 2.03 KFL release in the firmware version page even if you flashed the 2.03 UFL release so there is no need to worry.

Both firmwares are the same but the UFL release does not include the 2.x series Firmware / bootloader. As you were already at the 2.x level, there is no need to flash the KFL release in your case.
The unit seems to be fine now. Like i said, The signal meter is much better. So far so good.

Reactions: migold and pwrsurge
FYI, although most of the 2,190 North American online radio stations in the Online radio player should be working, there might be a few which don't work. In certain cases. some of these dead links could cause the receiver to freeze and require a reboot by holding down the power button. If you happen to find any station which is not playing, please post the name of it here so that we can get it fixed in the next firmware update.

In the near future, we will be switching to a sever based list similar to Icecast stations in the Online radio player which will allow us to perform updates without having to release a new firmware version.

P.S. Having fun listening to WBZ NewsRadio 1030 AM Boston which has continued coverage of the winter storm down there.

Is anyone running the latest firmware, and how is it fairing? I am just curious....

Running the latest software here. A few things still are out of wack for me:

1. Immediately after updating to this firmware, the signal quality meter dropped by 10% on all scanned-in transponders. All NBC feeds on AMC-1 dropped in signal quality. It doesn't mean there is any break up. It just means that the threshold for break up has lowered. I can't understand how the firmware would have affected this.

2. When changing between NBC feeds (in particular those that have the 4 channel sound), the sound selected perviously when on that channel is lost and I have to select a different sound channel and then return to the pervious one to hear that sound again. A little annoying when switching between feeds.

The radom rebooting seems to have been resolved.

Reactions: migold
Running the latest software here. A few things still are out of wack for me:

1. Immediately after updating to this firmware, the signal quality meter dropped by 10% on all scanned-in transponders. All NBC feeds on AMC-1 dropped in signal quality. It doesn't mean there is any break up. It just means that the threshold for break up has lowered. I can't understand how the firmware would have affected this.

2. When changing between NBC feeds (in particular those that have the 4 channel sound), the sound selected perviously when on that channel is lost and I have to select a different sound channel and then return to the pervious one to hear that sound again. A little annoying when switching between feeds.

The radom rebooting seems to have been resolved.

What about speed of channel changes? What about switching channels a bunch of times, do you loose audio or video. I remember i had that problem on the same satellite as the CBS 4:2:2 channels.

Actually, I tested this out after your post and I somehow did not have that problem when changing channels quickly. I'm post again if I encounter it again.

My upgrade was not successful. I was at firmware 1.86, so I followed the instruction to upgrade to 1.87 release. This seemed to go smoothly. The unit rebooted and came back up promptly, with indication that it completed successfully. I then proceeded to the upgrade to 2.03 kfl. The process seemed to go smoothly until flashing the firmware, then the TV set got a loud ROAR, and the progress bar looked like it erased the firmware, flashed the firmware and then did it again. I did not get a completed indication, as I did with the 1.87 upgrade. The screen went blank and the set indicated no signal. The unit did not reboot, so I followed the instruction to hold down the power button for 5 seconds. After holding it, the blue light flashed and I released the button. After waiting over 1 minute, no results were apparent on the TV screen. I have tried to reboot, with NO success.
What do I need to do now to get function?

My upgrade was not successful. I was at firmware 1.86, so I followed the instruction to upgrade to 1.87 release. This seemed to go smoothly. The unit rebooted and came back up promptly, with indication that it completed successfully. I then proceeded to the upgrade to 2.03 kfl. The process seemed to go smoothly until flashing the firmware, then the TV set got a loud ROAR, and the progress bar looked like it erased the firmware, flashed the firmware and then did it again. I did not get a completed indication, as I did with the 1.87 upgrade. The screen went blank and the set indicated no signal. The unit did not reboot, so I followed the instruction to hold down the power button for 5 seconds. After holding it, the blue light flashed and I released the button. After waiting over 1 minute, no results were apparent on the TV screen. I have tried to reboot, with NO success.
What do I need to do now to get function?

I don't know if you solved the issue yet, but in case you didn't, when the unit it rebooting hold the #1 button. This will boot the unit into "safe mode" and should allow you to re-flash again. I had the same problem last week where I would reboot over and over and I would get a blank screen. I pressed #1 while rebooting and re-flashed the unit to safe mode and managed to recover it.

Good Luck.

I don't know if you solved the issue yet, but in case you didn't, when the unit it rebooting hold the #1 button. This will boot the unit into "safe mode" and should allow you to re-flash again. I had the same problem last week where I would reboot over and over and I would get a blank screen. I pressed #1 while rebooting and re-flashed the unit to safe mode and managed to recover it.

Good Luck.
Mark2074;
Thanks -
I tried that, but I still get only a blank screen, so I never know if I am in "safe mode" or not... Now, I have a stiff finger from holding down the #1 button on the remote.... :)

Hmmm....do you see anything at all during reboot? You should see a flash on the screen "Azbox Starting" and a bit of a chime sound. If not, could be a connection issue. Did you check the connection in the back? I've recently noticed that the HDMI connection on the back of the box is loose and had to jig the cable head a bit for the signal to display on TV.

I expected better quality for this box. :confused:

One other thing to note for the makers of Azbox Minime:

When you delete more than a couple of channels from the list the box takes a fit a REBOOTS! REALLY ANNOYING!! Especially when you scan in temp wild feeds and want to get rid of them.

What about speed of channel changes? What about switching channels a bunch of times, do you loose audio or video. I remember i had that problem on the same satellite as the CBS 4:2:2 channels.

IBoston, looks like you are correct, I'm experiencing some real lag on the channels when changing. Weird.

Mark2074;
I never get any video through the HDMI or the NTSC video out. No chime sound either. Since there is no video on two different outputs, it would not be a connection issue. I've never had a loose connection on my HDMI.
Thanks for the try. It would be good to get this box working again....

I had the same problem back in December. The boxes had to be sent back for a re flash of the firmware. I sent them at the beginning of January, and I'm still waiting for them. Pwrsurge says they have been sent back at the end of Jan, nothing arrived here!! He can't even send me any proof of posting despite me asking several times or any tracking info.Why???
So it looks like I may never see my boxes again which I spent good money on unless he agrees to sending me replacements, but I'm not holding my breath!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts