stargaze

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Out there somewhere
azbox-0.9.5304-patch.bin
AZBox Snapshots
(this is a mirror site)

updated the french translation | fixed browser and rss issues (missing files) | improved the recordings playback | improved the online system upgrade

You may try out the following sites in a little while.

Azbox Snapshot

AZBox Snapshots

Index of /fw/

Remember to always verify the size of the downloaded file before trying to install it.
I believe this one is 45.3mb or 47,550,464 bytes

Last edited:
They may not have repaired the DiSEqC 1.2 issue, but they did fix the recording issue with certain HD high bit rate channels (at least for the ones that I can and did test).

I recorded the golf channel on NBC HD from AMC 1 @ 103.0°W and it played back clean for me! Woohoo! :)

Unfortunately, I still can not stream it to my PC. It works better as it doesn't lock up my AZBox, but the streamed video is still very bad (unwatchable on PC).

RADAR

Last edited:
They may not have repaired the DiSEqC 1.2 issue, but they did fix the recording issue with certain HD high bit rate channels (at least for the ones that I can and did test).

I recorded the golf channel on NBC HD from AMC 1 @ 103.0°W and it played back clean for me! Woohoo! :)

Unfortunately, I still can not stream it to my PC. It works better as it doesn't lock up my AZBox, but the streamed video is still very bad (unwatchable on PC).

RADAR

Unfortunately the recording feature is still not corrected for all the channels.
I had massive breakups over on a sports feed at 89W tonight. This was an HD feed that came from Mexico.
The EPG worked on it though!
I had heard someone say that the recorded programs played in the file manager but alas, that too was not totally correct.

Finally got this upgrade to work but it took 4 tries off my USB stick, that is, I had 3 failures before it finally took. Got the upgrade off Snapshots, which was a different the site then before, wonder if that had anything to do with this?

I observed one nice change... When I select to list the channels alphabetically, that selection remains until I personally change it, even when I turn the box completely OFF or switch satellites. Not sure if this change came about in this version or the previous one, but it is definitely welcome to me.

I haven't had the opportunity to test other HD / high bit rate channels. They are obviously not perfected yet, however, they have at least made one step in the right direction here. Hopefully they will continue to improve this so that it works on all eventually.

RADAR

I think so, yes. This is the first time in a long, long while that I actually benefitted from the changes they made (even though they are slight). Usually, the improvements are for options that I don't use.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)