Azbox programming

LocutusOfBorg

I have better things to do
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong or is it an Azbox bug. When I went to Galaxy 17 I got a lock on 3720 but the CW stuff didn't get added and I was wondering why. I did get a lock on the encrypted Fox stuff so I am on the right satellite. Also, I still can't get anything added from AMC 7, 8, or 10. Obviously, I'm doing something right since I'm getting "channels" added from other satellies. So, are my problems due to a firmware bug or is it some kind of hardware issue? Transponder freq, symbol rate, and other settings are correct and I am on the correct satellite so what else is there to check? Maybe someone can help solve this "mystery" in real time if we use an IRC channel or use something like MSN (not that it's urgent - just more convenient)? :tux:

CW channels require a manual PID entry. They will not scan in on a transponder/auto/blind scan

the transponder will scan in but you need to manually input the pids to log the channels

I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong or is it an Azbox bug. When I went to Galaxy 17 I got a lock on 3720 but the CW stuff didn't get added and I was wondering why. I did get a lock on the encrypted Fox stuff so I am on the right satellite. Also, I still can't get anything added from AMC 7, 8, or 10. Obviously, I'm doing something right since I'm getting "channels" added from other satellies. So, are my problems due to a firmware bug or is it some kind of hardware issue? Transponder freq, symbol rate, and other settings are correct and I am on the correct satellite so what else is there to check? Maybe someone can help solve this "mystery" in real time if we use an IRC channel or use something like MSN (not that it's urgent - just more convenient)? :tux:

You can find me on Yahoo messenger..... stogie5150

I didnt scan CW so I cannot help you with that....we have CW OTA here so I never bothered...:)

I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong or is it an Azbox bug. When I went to Galaxy 17 I got a lock on 3720 but the CW stuff didn't get added and I was wondering why. ....

To add the "why" to what Ice responded, most muxes have a "PAT" (Program allocation table) at PID#0, and a "PMT" (program map table) for each channel. The PAT just tells your receiver what PIDs have the PMT streams. Each PMT contains the info for what PID contains the video, audio and PCR streams. For a receiver to scan in channels, it first finds the PAT, then the PMTs, then it creates channels with the PID info it finds in the PMTs.
The CW channels do not contain either a PAT or any PMTs. That transponder only has the A/V PIDs. So there is no way any receiver can figure out for itself which PIDs contain the A/V for each channel. That's why you have to use the manual PID entry method, ie the Advanced Scan, PID edit thing over at the bottom right on the Azbox.

CW on 91 Galaxy 17
TP-3720H / SR 26700

The CW E- VPID 101, APID 102, PPID101
The CW W- VPID 201, APID 202, PPID 201
The CW C- VPID 301, APID 302, PPID 301

I understood the VPID and APID but what is PPID? I don't see a field that corresponds to PPID in the Azbox programming. Is the PPID suppose to be put in the PCR field?

I understood the VPID and APID but what is PPID? I don't see a field that corresponds to PPID in the Azbox programming. Is the PPID suppose to be put in the PCR field?

Sorry mine is a CS 8100 box, The PCR should be the same as the PPID on mine.

According to Wiki it stands for "PCR stands for Program Clock Reference. It is used to sync the audio and video. The PCR keeps the system clock synced. If the system clock starts to rift, it is rectified using the PCR value. "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)