Azbox puts "protected content" on programs??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Since solution isn't found yet, I think we can keep the discussion here. I wonder about 2 things:

- if you hook AZBox to HDMI1 TV port instead of HDMI2, do you face with the same issue, where DVR hooked to AZBox via Component cable stops recording? If not, it might be a FW bug in your TV model digital content protection implementation;
- you may want to try alternative AZBox firmware Enigma2 that may alleviate the issue. It would be interesting to see, if it does. :)

Why did you drudge up an old thread? The issue has been resolved for a while now

If you use HDMI the analog ports have the "protected content" to record. This is a known issue and has been noted on other boards back when this was posted (a year and a half ago)
If you use the component cables or composite it works just fine. I have my azbox hooked to the TV via component and when I want to record something directly to the DVD recorder/stand alone hard drive I still can. It records fine.

cant use enigma....it is loaded via Ethernet and my Ethernet port is shot. And before you want to argue with me about a fix, do a search here. Its well known that the ethernet port was shot before I bought it from brent636. And since I only use my azbox for 4:2:2 or HD feeds it doesnt bother me at all that the ethernet doesnt work

I'm glad you resolved it. :) Since other members might not have such equipment collection - some may just use a single AZBox as an STB - trying other options may help them under similar circumstances. When you mentioned it in a different thread, I wanted to look through what the problem is. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)