AZBOX AZBox Recording

waylew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
northern WEST new york
So a week ago Sunday I tried recording The Mentalist in HD, off the Canadian sat and it apparently failed.When I went to stop recording,nothing seemed to work and as I wanted to go to another channel,I finally said screw it and turned the power switch off and rebooted.When I checked there was nothing in the recorded program folder,so,oh well.Just for grins I went to file manager and it looked like the file was there but it wouldn't play and I couldn't figure out what to do with the file,oh well again.
Fast forward to Saturday,I apparently successfully recorded Star Trek off METV.Hit stop when show was over and it showed in the recorded program folder as METV and a number.Didn't think much about it and went back to watching the Sprint Cup race.
Just a little bit ago I decided to watch Star Trek,checked the box for the METV file (the only file listed)and hit play,and what did I get ?The Mentalist??WTF???No sign of Star Trek.
Any ideas/comments?
Using AZUltra with 5020 and USB stick.:confused:

Strange! Did you play the METV file all the way to the end, just in case Star Trek was on the end of it (as if your shutting off the STB put it into a sort of pause mode)? I would also go back into file manager and see if there is more than the one file there.

Strange! Did you play the METV file all the way to the end, just in case Star Trek was on the end of it (as if your shutting off the STB put it into a sort of pause mode)? I would also go back into file manager and see if there is more than the one file there.
Nope didn't play it thru yet,after scratching my head and getting PO'ed for 20 minutes,I didn't have a whole hour to watch it.For what ever reason it would play alright but couldn't fast forward or skip,would just freeze.When I get the time I'll just let it play and see what it does.

I've got an external drive I can use with it but don't have a good place to put it to leave it set up.Toy budget is pretty much zero at the moment so won't be buying an internal.
i have taken them out of their enclosures and used them in different ways. but do so at own risk.
during the HD shortage it was cheaper in a enclosure than without sometimes thus i did it.
hope you get more ... Toy budget soon.

Anyone have seen this problem after recording on premium HD receiver with 125W all the channels on this satellite will not FF/Rwd? Other satellites recording for example 95W or 113W were fine. The F/W version is 95402.

Being as this thread got resurrected,I guess i should report the results.When I finally got around to playing it thru,there was about 25 minutes of the Mentalist and that was it.Haven't tried recording any HD since,but at some point I'll try again.

Anyone have seen this problem after recording on premium HD receiver with 125W all the channels on this satellite will not FF/Rwd? Other satellites recording for example 95W or 113W were fine. The F/W version is 95402.

Yes, only Montana PBS and the Oklahoma PBS mux don't have the problem, all others on 125W (the 12180 mux and the various PBS feeds) have the problem. I don't see it on any other satellites that I get and have tested. I use 5402 as well, but did once back down to 5306, and the problem was also with that version.

See below thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/298731-Ultra-9-5402-Recording-Time-Problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)