B1SAT STACK mont direction

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

crosspaws

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
Grand Haven MI
I am still not sure of the direction to mount this thing it works great but some times I think I have the V and H direction worng. Does some one have a good picture I might look at to figure this out.:confused:
Thanks Eric

it might be hard to see but this was fixed at 99W which is just a smidge off my true south (TS is 93)

So basically it gets set up like that (the one on the left) ;)

Attachments

• 000_0680.jpg
    000_0680.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 133
My B1SAT is on a dish fixed on 87W, which is three degrees east of true south for me. The connector is at the top, or up. It could also be on the bottom, or down, as Iceberg had his, wouldn't matter. There's actually a little polarity mark on the LNBF if you look carefully, but its really hard to make out. It really looks like a manufacturing joint, but I believe it is supposed to be a mark. That's what I used to figure it out (and looking at the probes inside the feedhorn narrowed it down to either up/down or left/right ;) )... Only annoying thing about this LNBF is that the feedhorn cover tends to keep falling off (it doesn't fit sungly). I want it to stay on, as bees will take up residence this time of year if they're given half a chance.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)