Bad audio on Netflix through Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
We recently upgraded to the Hopper 3 from the original Hopper and now have the ability to watch Netflix through it. We have no trouble with the app but the audio is terrible, at least to me, through the Hopper. It sounds tinny if that makes sense. Youtube sounds the same way.

Is there something I can do to my TV that will help? It's so convenient to just tune to 370 when we want to watch Neflix so any help would be appreciated. We have the Hopper connected to the TV (a few years old Insignia) via HDMI then pass the audio to our LG receiver via 1/8 cable out of TV to white/red into the LG since the digital audio hasn't worked in years.

We recently upgraded to the Hopper 3 from the original Hopper and now have the ability to watch Netflix through it. We have no trouble with the app but the audio is terrible, at least to me, through the Hopper. It sounds tinny if that makes sense. Youtube sounds the same way.

Is there something I can do to my TV that will help? It's so convenient to just tune to 370 when we want to watch Neflix so any help would be appreciated. We have the Hopper connected to the TV (a few years old Insignia) via HDMI then pass the audio to our LG receiver via 1/8 cable out of TV to white/red into the LG since the digital audio hasn't worked in years.

Hello from another member in the Kansas City region (although not a Royals fan!). I have the H3 and my daughter uses Netflix on it regularly. Haven't experienced the "tinny" audio you mention, although it is worth noting that the Hopper does not provide Netflix streams in Dolby Digital, only 2.0 stereo. So, depending on what kind of home theater audio system you have, that might be part of the issue. I have to switch my AVR to "stereo" when using Netflix on the H3.

Hello from another member in the Kansas City region (although not a Royals fan!). I have the H3 and my daughter uses Netflix on it regularly. Haven't experienced the "tinny" audio you mention, although it is worth noting that the Hopper does not provide Netflix streams in Dolby Digital, only 2.0 stereo. So, depending on what kind of home theater audio system you have, that might be part of the issue. I have to switch my AVR to "stereo" when using Netflix on the H3.
My TV only has two output options, RAW and PCM. My receiver just stays on AUX. I'm tempted to get a sound bar and get rid of this OLD LG receiver since I don't even have all the speakers hooked up.

It doesn't bother my wife, but it drives me crazy. I'll just switch over to the PS4 for netflix. I am in Manhattan, but love to come to the KC area for baseball and softball tournaments.

My TV only has two output options, RAW and PCM. My receiver just stays on AUX. I'm tempted to get a sound bar and get rid of this OLD LG receiver since I don't even have all the speakers hooked up.

It doesn't bother my wife, but it drives me crazy. I'll just switch over to the PS4 for netflix. I am in Manhattan, but love to come to the KC area for baseball and softball tournaments.
Get the Polk system from Dish. It's pretty nice. Really nice, actually, for 500 bucks. Not to be a homer, but I recommend the AQ optical (And HDMI) cable to go with it. I heard a demo of competing cables and the sound quality was excellent, far above the others

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts