Bad Box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rollerfink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Detroit
I think my second STB is bad. On my main one I get signal power around 80 and signal quality around 96-97. On my second box I only get signal power at around 55. Even though the SQ is still in the 90s I can't watch some channels (but some are fine).

I tried everything, rebooting, unplugging, doing the robot, but nothing works. I think I'll wait for the new software to see if that takes care of it otherwise I'll probably have to get a new box. I don't see why the two boxes would get different signal power on the same channels.

Do you have the current software download to your receiver? I noticed when I got a new box the values are different with the software upgrade.

Yep, both boxes have the latest software. I recently got a 30" dish installed though. It seems like the problems have ocurred since then. I don't watch that TV much so it isn't a huge deal but I would like it fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)