Bad Press (where all of anger at Voom is coming from?)

The VOOM SD is definitely better than Directv. I could not believe how bad their's was when I got my HD set and put Directv into it. Then when I saw the HD, whoa!!!!! I love my VOOM and won't do without it!!!

I think some of the complainers are probably connected to D* or E*. You'd think that if someone that actually tried Voom and returned it would stop spending their time on this forum. Only conclusion I can come up with is that they're trying to stir up trouble for Voom or perhaps they're off their meds.(maybe both)

How in the world could we do that, we're better off flying our black helicopters over the Voom dish to disrupt the signal....its amazing the world some people live in to think that is true.

If you bother to check out my posts, I was very happy until rain fade started, then it wasn't that I was unhappy, I knew about the problem before I ordered...but I also knew about the fix....no biggie I'll call Voom and get it fixed.

Then you'll see the tide turn in my posts. I know bitching works and I don't care what people think about it.

I've had my fair share of problems with companies, because customer service sucks at most major companies. Its just a matter of bitching loud enough until you get to someone who will actually listen.

I've dealt with some incredible companies customer service wise, Newegg.com is one that comes to mind. Even through incredible growth their service remains second to none...

It has nothing to do with the service itself, its the customer service...you talk about new technologies and all that, thats true too. We live in the country and have well water, I had this new top of the line super wazoo water system installed. It is new, exspensive and has had its share of problems. However, when it works, there is nothing that comes close to it in quality and the product it produces, kind of like Voom.

The difference, when it has an issue, and its had several, about every 6 weeks, when I call, they answer the phone and someone is out at the house that day to take care of it, they know the problem and they value the customer. They also know I can tell them to take their 4K system and shove it, but getting me working will save alot of trouble later on by learning from my experience. I've gone through testing a few different parts with it and have been happy with the service I recieved from the company, and the product...when it works...

Voom I am happy with(minus the lack of sci fi), when it works....when it doesn't I'm even more unhappy because customer service sucks...

right on, 1080iBeVuMin!

someone who will go unnamed seems to think it's their job to inform us that they are home sick from work, and how voom sucks. i'm really beginning to question some peoples motives.

i do come to this forum to check out stuff, but the less i read the happier i am.

voom is a good product. people rag on the picture quality, but i just don't see it. SD doesn't look that good anymore, so it all stinks to me. I watch SD for the programming.

i'm happy with it. i don't like price increases, but who does.

bottom line - for people like me, who are not rich, but have an hdtv (i bought it when i refinished the basement of the house [our first] me and my wife moved into) voom is the only way to really enjoy the maximum amount of hdtv programming, and for a good price.

VERY IMPORTANT: I hear people complain that Voom should decrease its SD offerings. BIG MISTAKE. If they were to do that, they'd lose me and thousands of other customers. Most people don't want to pay for two services (and can't aford it), they want one quality service that gives them the most bang for the buck.

I am also very happy with voom. The only problem I ever had was rain fade, which they fixed for me in just over a week. I'm glad I got voom before finding this post, or I may not have tried it. (thats a potential lie, I wanted monsters hd sooooo bad)

Happy with Voom...

First of all, I just want to start my post by saying how much I'm enjoying Voom. I don't sit in front of my screen with a magnifying glass looking for things that are wrong with the picture. I prefer to enjoy whatever programming I'm watching. And with that respect, I'm 100% happy with Voom. Besides, the times I do look specifically at the PQ, I'm still amazed as are the friends I show it to.

On to my post...

Why is it people think venting/bitching/whining/complaining on this forum is the same as sending Voom some sort of message that's going to "straighten them out"? This forum is NOT Voom! Call Voom and log your compaint with them! Sean even mentioned that the Voom folks are staying away from this forum. Given that, it seems to me that all this pissing and moaning around here is not only mostly counter-productive, it's annoying as hell to the rest of us subscribers. It's getting very tough to weed through all the repeat gripes looking for constructive information. I can assume that there are some prospective subscribers that have and will turn away from Voom because of all the negative posts here. Think about that. The ability of Voom to improve the service we get has got to be connected to the amount of revenue they bring in. Scaring off new subscribers will only make it more difficult for Voom to grow, improve and succeed. It's in our best interest as Voom subscribers to try and counter-balance the negative stuff with the things that are great about Voom. I love the picture quality and the amount of content is growing constantly. I've had a couple of minor issues with Voom, but I'd still recommend it highly to anyone who is interested in HD programming.

My two cents...

Sean,

Thanks for your efforts to control the "thread hijacking" here. It'll be a nice change of pace to read a thread without it digressing into a bitch session about something of an entirely different topic. I can just imagine the amount of time you must have to put into your position as moderator. And your new initiative will require even more of your time. You've also been helpful to me and countless others on specific issues and questions. This shouldn't be a thankless job for you. So I just want to let you know your work (and tolerance) is appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)