Bally Sports RSNs Are Reportedly Preparing For Bankruptcy

He ignores all counter points.

But the biggest one is the whole profitable thing.

Disney+ and ESPN+ are both expected to turn profitable in 2024, if it works out, it will take Disney+ 5 years/ESPN+ 4 years, but it took DirecTV 6 years, Netflix also, Dish/Amazon 9 years.

The other part of that he ignores, how did DirecTV become profitable, price increases and more subscribers.

How then will streamers become more profitable, hmmm, I wonder.

But at the same time, does not mean all streaming will be successful, Peacock/AMC are both dumpster fires, jury out on MAX.

Netflix, Disney are no brainers.

Paramount+ is the little engine that could, always gains, just read they are now expanding to Canada, Mexico and Australia, finally regained rights to programming in those countries that was licensed out

But Bruce, didn't you hear, if any of them fails (something you and I have both said will happen: failures, pivots, mergers) it's 'pop goes the bubble' all while pretending his chosen medium isn't making that deflating balloon sound much louder than the sound telling us everyone who wants Sunday Ticket already has it, or that nobody is waiting for streaming (while pretending it's not growing), or that we are saving pennies (as we save hundreds of dollars - but isn't a topic of virtually any of our posts)...

Stuff just doesn't add up, it's wild to see the points repeated even when demonstrably proven incorrect.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
Bruce, it seems like you're trying to get everyone here in this thread to switch from cable or satellite to streaming, is that what you're doing?
Nah, it's an industry he's engaged in personally and professionally. A topic of interest and in a sub-forum for the topic (cord cutting). Streaming isn't for everyone, but it's almost certainly the future for everyone in one form or another.

I think MAX is trying to be too many things.. I don't understand their sports offering
Agree-ish. This approach will work for some with deep pockets (like maybe Apple, probably Google). Do they have the content to pull it off? Eh. We'll see. They don't offer any sports I'm willing to pay for and they're doing it in an industry segment and they have so much debt that my feeling is they're more likely to make moves that will result in any value they do have being acquired by a larger player for cheaper than they should be available to do so.

Bruce, it seems like you're trying to get everyone here in this thread to switch from cable or satellite to streaming, is that what you're doing?
I cant even consider it. My internet is not reliable, slow. It was a gamble for me to get Season Ticket, and thank goodness so far my Sundays internet has been good. Thursday night football, havent seen a game, blurry, and freezing.

No, I just posted to someone in a different thread who is thinking about streaming to put his account on vacation, so to access his dvr and try out streaming before going all in.

But no matter what I say here, which is in the Cord Cutters area of this site, I am not the one who caused DirecTV Satellite to lose way over 13 Million subs alone.

DirecTV has lost the most subscribers because of their own actions, all these steps they are talking about now, getting rid of channels nobody watches, lowering rights fees, etc should have been done years ago.

Now it is too late, but the one thing I hate is criticism without providing a counter point.

How do you propose DirecTV changing things to save themselves, what are your ideas.

By the way, I know the true subscriber numbers because of per sub fees paid to who I work for, I wish I could reveal them, but I have a rock solid NDA.

• Wow
Not worth the money in my book! Im retired fixed income, its to bloody expensive. The money I would save streaming I would end up paying the same with Direct TV.
How much do you pay now?

Forgot who you said it was with, but have you tried calling them, reporting them to any of the state/federal government agencies if your provider is not giving you what you pay for.

When we moved, had three modem failures with Charter within our first 6 months of being here, the first time, out the same day to replace, second, next day, third I gave up, bought my own, Amazon delivered that same day, been fine now for more then 2 1/2 years.

So, even if Charter’s equipment is POS, they still tried to handle the issue.

I think he's just advocating for the future. I'm an avid DTV sat sub and even I see the writing on the wall. I'll probably be gone in 2-3 years max.
I think MAX is trying to be too many things.. I don't really understand their sports offering
This is spot on. The thing I dislike about streamers is when they try to do bundle within the bundle. Either offer me a service or put it in tiers. Don't try to bundle me. I think this is also Disney's biggest problem that hopefully gets solved when Hulu "goes away" (combines with D+)
I cant even consider it. My internet is not reliable, slow. It was a gamble for me to get Season Ticket, and thank goodness so far my Sundays internet has been good. Thursday night football, havent seen a game, blurry, and freezing.
Have you looked at Tmobile's new 5G offering? It's only $30/mo if you already have T-mobile as your cell provider. Pretty intriguing product.

Trying to get this back on topic, sounds like they might lose rights to all their other NBA teams besides the suns based on yesterdays DirecTV APG analysis:
15 team specific NBA channels are in test mode to provide games directly from the NBA's Content Command Center as a contingency if Diamond loses the rights this season.
Channel Name Market NET SAT TID TPN VPID
Added
649.4 *NBAATL 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
649.5 *NBACHA 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
649.6 *NBAMEM 0 0 D16@101 21 22 Offline
653.3 *NBAMIA 0 0 D16@101 21 22 Offline
654.4 *NBAORL 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
660.2 *NBACLE 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
663.3 *NBADET 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
668.3 *NBAMIN 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
669.2 *NBAMIL 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
671.3 *NBAIND 0 15 D15@103cb 132 9 Offline
675.1 *NBAOKC 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
676.4 *NBANOP 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
676.6 *NBADAL 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
676.7 *NBASAS 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
693.2 *NBALAC 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Forgot who you said it was with, but have you tried calling them, reporting them to any of the state/federal government agencies if your provider is not giving you what you pay for.

When we moved, had three modem failures with Charter within our first 6 months of being here, the first time, out the same day to replace, second, next day, third I gave up, bought my own, Amazon delivered that same day, been fine now for more then 2 1/2 years.

So, even if Charter’s equipment is POS, they still tried to handle the issue.
Its T-Mobile....Live in a tourist town that get close to 4 million people and our population is about 9,000. So if its busy, the internet slugs along. Why Thursday nights are bad? Everyone streaming Dancing with the Stars?

• Haha
Its T-Mobile....Live in a tourist town that get close to 4 million people and our population is about 9,000. So if its busy, the internet slugs along. Why Thursday nights are bad? Everyone streaming Dancing with the Stars?
What about the antenna thing we were talking about, you showed me 2 if I remember correctly.

I live in Kissimmee, so ultimate tourist town, probably some of my cell phone issues when I am out and about.

What about the antenna thing we were talking about, you showed me 2 if I remember correctly.
My signal is great! The cell tower is at a airport on a mesa, and not even 2 miles away...and I have clean line of site, and its in front of my window.

Trying to get this back on topic, sounds like they might lose rights to all their other NBA teams besides the suns based on yesterdays DirecTV APG analysis:

Channel Name Market NET SAT TID TPN VPID
Added
649.4 *NBAATL 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
649.5 *NBACHA 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
649.6 *NBAMEM 0 0 D16@101 21 22 Offline
653.3 *NBAMIA 0 0 D16@101 21 22 Offline
654.4 *NBAORL 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
660.2 *NBACLE 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
663.3 *NBADET 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
668.3 *NBAMIN 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
669.2 *NBAMIL 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
671.3 *NBAIND 0 15 D15@103cb 132 9 Offline
675.1 *NBAOKC 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
676.4 *NBANOP 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
676.6 *NBADAL 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
676.7 *NBASAS 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
693.2 *NBALAC 0 15 D15@103ca 0 1 Offline
Would that not be League Pass?

Would that not be League Pass?
Nope, this is different from that, sort of.
DirecTV Stream uses those special NBA CCC feeds for their version of League Pass that’s called League Pass Premium.
DirecTV Satellite already has a League Pass package in the 700s as an add-on that just uses the feeds of the originating RSNs of the games.
It sounds like the NBA gave DirecTV permission to use their CCC feeds on satellite in case Bally Sports were to lose the rest of their NBA rights.

Nope, this is different from that, sort of.
DirecTV Stream uses those special NBA CCC feeds for their version of League Pass that’s called League Pass Premium.
DirecTV Satellite already has a League Pass package in the 700s as an add-on that just uses the feeds of the originating RSNs of the games.
It sounds like the NBA gave DirecTV permission to use their CCC feeds on satellite in case Bally Sports were to lose the rest of their NBA rights.
Those show on directv stream also
(Our NBA games are in the 1200’s)

Attachments

• IMG_3680.jpeg
    IMG_3680.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3682.jpeg
    IMG_3682.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 39