Warner, Fox, Disney to Launch Streaming Sports Joint Venture

Welcome Pack died years ago as a bargain.

Dish has Flex, which blows away the competition, as you can sub to ESPN for a day! Add in half-off movie pack, and for the price of YTTV, you get the Hopper 3, the potential of 2+ TB of additional programming storage, a good slate of channels, cheap short-term access to other channels, and the ability to get your OTA channels without paying and being able to record them.

Dish has Flex, which blows away the competition, as you can sub to ESPN for a day! Add in half-off movie pack, and for the price of YTTV, you get the Hopper 3, the potential of 2+ TB of additional programming storage, a good slate of channels, cheap short-term access to other channels, and the ability to get your OTA channels without paying and being able to record them.
Based on here-

The Flex Pack is $62.99, I believe the Hopper Fee with DVR is $15, then you have no other rooms you need a box in?

I have three main areas I use, Living Room, Game Area and the Outdoor Theater.

That is what makes YTTV worth it at $73 ( if you want a paid Live TV Service), 3 streams at a time (rooms), unlimited DVR, 1080P picture for the non 720P channels, DD+ sound and, at least, a few dollars less then your Flex Package at least.

But I prefer my way of just the streaming services , that way, I am not paying twice for some of the same content, like CBS with a Traditional Provider and/or CBS with Paramount+ ( and all the extra stuff).

And for those who say I am missing Live TV, how many of us really watch Live TV except for News and Sports, I am watching CNN right now while on the LifeCycle outside, the only other Live I need is Football, I get that also with the streaming services.

If this package really happens with the speculated channels and price, I'll probably never own a 'core' TV service again. This package would be as close as we'd get, then I'd get F1, Sunday Ticket and add/remove premiums via Prime Channels as needed (currently P+ and Max).

Reactions: Mochuf
Fubo is trying hard-

Walt Disney’s ESPN, FOX, and Warner Bros. Discovery’s planned sports streaming joint venture just got thrown a legal roadblock thanks to Fubo. Last month Fubo sued Fox, Disney, and Warner Bros. Discovery over its new streaming service. . ,

Again, just another delay tactic by Fubo, again, Disney, Fox and Warner all have Attorneys on staff/retainer, just a lot more and probably a lot better, they have already looked over the deal and know it is legal, or if it was not, fixed it before it was announced.

What funny about this, Disney was a investor in Fubo, until they dropped out.

What I can comment on, there are plans for a provider ( did not say who) to do the same type of skinny bundle but no sports, like Philo, but with Locals, News, more Channels, basically around that same $40 range.
Told you it was coming, they dropped including locals because they could not make it work economically.

Right now, just available to Spectrum Internet Customers, but they do have plans of making it available to others.

Reactions: ncted
Why no TNT/TBS? They are part of the family, no?
Because those are on the new sports service.

And what is the big deal about them, the channels are nothing but reruns and sports, Warner announced they would no longer produce new content for the channels.

They join so many other cable channels that are just there for per sub fees and advertising fees and make the monthly bill higher.

Reactions: ncted
It all sounds Great now ....

But just like all these other Streaming services that Start out $40 ish ... give it a few years and they will all be right there with the rest at $70 and UP ....

Prices just keep going up Rapidly ....

Soon, the Cable type service will be back and everyone will wonder why it went away ...

But just like all these other Streaming services that Start out $40 ish ... give it a few years and they will all be right there with the rest at $70 and UP ....

Soon, the Cable type service will be back and everyone will wonder why it went away ...
But you are ignoring the fact that streaming prices go up, so will Traditional Paid Live TV Providers, specially as they lose more and more subscribers ( 7 million in 2023), they need to raise revenue to replaced those who have left.

So the difference in price between streaming and Cable/Satellite will continue, either being the same or actually widening.

For example, YTTV started out at $35 in 2017, how much were you paying for DirecTV then vs now?

In just 6 years ( not including 2024 yet), YTTV has gone from $35 to $73, a $38 increase, divided by 6 equals $6.33 a year increase, Comcast latest increase was a average of $14 for 2024 alone.

I just love when people come in here, complain about the prices of streaming going up, yet do not do the same about their Live TV Provider, where it is not just going up, there is less and less new content on that service.

Again, you can get the majority of Content from Paid Live TV, streaming exclusives , a lot of movies, no commercials, the best video quality (1080P/4K), HBO, Showime for $78 a month.

Plus you do not have to get everything, I do not need AMC, so that brings down my price.

Cable is going away because it won't let you pick and choose smaller packages to bundle. Very few cord-cutters use the internet cable replacements and instead pay for various VOD services. My wife and I go through what we watch every year and drop or add these services. When I dropped cable six years ago I was paying $155 per month for cable and internet. When I included some streaming services we were subscribed to it was closer to $195 per month. We then switched to Sling Blue and then Philo plus other streaming services. We currently pay $97 per month for tv and internet. If pricing gets ridiculous for a service we can either drop it, switch to a lower tier or just get it a couple of months during the year. Can't really do that with traditional cable. The flexibility of streaming over traditional cable is well worth switching from app to app on our Rokus. Add to this the fact I have ota dvrs, I have plenty to watch.

As far as news, the FAST services provide plenty of that. And more sports is being broadcast on OTA channels. Hell, the last couple of weeks I was able to watch several Pistons and Red Wings games on the local CW affiliate.

Reactions: Mike0616
As far as news, the FAST services provide plenty of that. And more sports is being broadcast on OTA channels. Hell, the last couple of weeks I was able to watch several Pistons and Red Wings games on the local CW affiliate.
Why would you do that to yourself ( I lived in Metro Detroit for about 50 years till I moved to Florida 4 years ago).

• Haha
Reactions: Mike0616 and ncted
Why would you do that to yourself ( I lived in Metro Detroit for about 50 years till I moved to Florida 4 years ago).
I just watched the Pistons for the novelty of watching BSN Detroit via ota. They did win one of the two games I watched. And the Wings were in the playoff hunt. They did win their last two games against Montreal. Those games were pretty exciting. The Wings came from behind to go to OT in both games.

Cable is going away because it won't let you pick and choose smaller packages to bundle. Very few cord-cutters use the internet cable replacements and instead pay for various VOD services. My wife and I go through what we watch every year and drop or add these services. When I dropped cable six years ago I was paying $155 per month for cable and internet. When I included some streaming services we were subscribed to it was closer to $195 per month. We then switched to Sling Blue and then Philo plus other streaming services. We currently pay $97 per month for tv and internet. If pricing gets ridiculous for a service we can either drop it, switch to a lower tier or just get it a couple of months during the year. Can't really do that with traditional cable. The flexibility of streaming over traditional cable is well worth switching from app to app on our Rokus. Add to this the fact I have ota dvrs, I have plenty to watch.

You pay $97 for INTERNET AND TV ?

My Internet is about $80 and going up and thats nothing fancy ... Not the Gig speeds people are getting now days.
I'm gonna guess its either 200 or 600 mbps and Thats on a Huge Discount.
Once my Discount is up, its up to $130 or there abouts.

Not many options here for Internet.

• Wow
You pay $97 for INTERNET AND TV ?

My Internet is about $80 and going up and thats nothing fancy ... Not the Gig speeds people are getting now days.
I'm gonna guess its either 200 or 600 mbps and Thats on a Huge Discount.
Once my Discount is up, its up to $130 or there abouts.

Not many options here for Internet.
Mine is a $100 for 1G, have no other options.

I just watched the Pistons for the novelty of watching BSN Detroit via ota. They did win one of the two games I watched. And the Wings were in the playoff hunt. They did win their last two games against Montreal. Those games were pretty exciting. The Wings came from behind to go to OT in both games.
And Still didn't make the Playoffs ... :(

I haven't actually watched a Red Wings game in quite some time now ...
EVERYTIME I turn them on, they either Give Up Goals or Lose ...
So, I'm bad luck for them.

Mine is a $100 for 1G, have no other options.
I just looked, haven't for awhile ...
The latest offer is 1 Gig for $89, which would be WAY over kill here as I'm the only one in the house.

The problem this company has I have figured out, is, once you go to a Speed, they tell you the previous speeds are not available.
Which is a Lie

I pay $75 for 1Gig which includes MAX commercial-free. I actually tried to downgrade to $55 for 300Mb recently since I wanted to get HDR back on MAX, but AT&T Fiber said that plan was no longer available in my neighborhood. Google Fiber started digging to install fiber duct just this week as well, so I will soon have three options for gigabit internet, although Spectrum is not symmetric and costs a lot more.

Last edited:
Out here in the boondocks Century Link was getting $60 approx for 2MB/.25MB. When T-Mobile came in with 5g (600/100) for $50 month, took 1 minute to chañge. With Disney+, Netflix, Philo, Amazon, under 100 month now. For feetsball season we get yttv, which is still under what I paid Dtv years ago, just for programming (160+).

Reactions: AZ.