Band-Aid fix for stretch-o-vision (TNT, TBS)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcowboy7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Pequannock, NJ
Problem:
u r watching a show on tnthd that they r showing in dreaded stretch-o-vision....u want to watch it normally in a 4x3 format but still staying on tnthd instead of the standard tnt because the pic quality on tnthd is still better....if u use the format button on the directv remote the pic will still not switch the pic mode....

Solution:
use the format button on your tv remote control....switch it from "full" which it is most likely on and switch it to "normal" instead....the picture will now be a 4x3 normal format on tnthd and be clearer than just the standard tnt channel.

its a pain to switch to another remote but if u r watching the channel for a half hour or more and dont want stretch-o-vision its worth it !!!

Most people here are knowledgable and probably know this already but sum people here seem new to all this stuff so this mite help.

Yes that is a very good tip.

Sit back and enjoy SatelliteGuys.

It's a good tip if your TV will let you do it. Many (like mine) will not let you change the aspect ratio on an HD connection.

My Mitsubishi has an HD format choice called 4 X 3 narrow, that shows the picture as a square surrounded by black borders.

Pauly :tux:

It's a good tip if your TV will let you do it. Many (like mine) will not let you change the aspect ratio on an HD connection.
Time-out? I have a Samsung HL-S5087W and I have done what the others have suggested to do.:cool: Wheech(!;)) model do you have?:hungry: Furthermore and with ALL due respect the tip is a good one but it is NOT the shortest route to the moon, come-on?:eureka
Thank you

Time-out? I have a Samsung HL-S5087W and I have done what the others have suggested to do.:cool: Wheech(!;)) model do you have?:hungry: Furthermore and with ALL due respect the tip is a good one but it is NOT the shortest route to the moon, come-on?:eureka
Thank you

really...what is the shortest route ???

Thank you

My Samsung is the HL-T5076S and, to be honest, I haven't tried it on that one. I was looking at the Toshiba in my bedroom when I wrote that.

I'll check the Samsung and edit my post with the results...

Yeah I don't think Toshibas let you change the format from HDMI or Component Video inputs.

Just checked the Samsung and it does allow me to change the format to 4:3 on any of the inputs. Still not sure I'll do it, but it's there...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)