bandnews on intelsat 9

Status
Please reply by conversation.

emirelias

Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto is @ long 79 lat 43 , can I get that channel here? What dish and Lnb I can use?

It's a C-band channel, on the Americas beam, and you should be able to hit if you have the Line Of Sight. Minimum 6 foot dish and standard C-band lnbf should work. 8 foot dish would give more certainty. I tried for it from Michigan, but there's an evergreen in the way !
:)

I'm in London Ontario (West of your location) and am able to tune in that channel on a 7.5ft C-Band dish with a Coolsat Free-To-Air receiver. Any standard C-Band LNB and Free-To-Air receiver should get the channel for you. A 6 ft dish is minimum, but bigger is better. I'm pulling in about a 60% signal quality on that satellite with a 7.5 ft dish. You may want to consider 7.5ft or bigger.

Edit: I just did a blind scan of 58 West. (Intelsat 9) and the channel Band News shows as being a scrambled service, but it is currently in the clear (as noted on Lyngsat). I don't know if the channel plans on turning the encryption back ON or not in the future.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)