Barnes & Nobles selling PS3 bundle right now

Since all these companies are taking advantage of the limited supply situation of PS3's to move out some unwanted games to make some $$$, I'm beginning to get frustrated with the whole thing and thinking about making some unfair moves myself.

Would it be wrong of me to buy these crappy, expensive bundles, and then take the unopened, unwanted games to a retailer such as Wal-mart or Target and "return" the games? I'm not sure if video games are treated differently when returned without a receipt, but usually a retailer will give you a store credit on a gift card when no receipt accompanies the returned items. I can always use a Wal-mart or Target gift card with $350 on it to buy groceries, dog food, and gas!

I would pick on Wal-mart more than Target, as I have seen where they have PS3 bundle for over $1400 with 12 or so games. Plus the Super Target near my work received some Nintendo Wii's two days ago, and I snagged the last one out of the 40 delivered. I feel indebted to Target for providing this opportunity! :eek:

That's really more fraud than 'sticking it to the man', but to each their own.

When the games have been out a couple weeks, there technically aren't any 'unwanted games' and either way very little reason to justify doing what you're doing, unless you bought it from WalMart and returned it to WalMart.

These companies are maximizing the opportunity to make a profit and satisfy their more insatiable customers at the same time. They people they want to sell these consoles to ARE those who are going to spend that much more on accessories.

Since all these companies are taking advantage of the limited supply situation of PS3's to move out some unwanted games to make some $$$, I'm beginning to get frustrated with the whole thing and thinking about making some unfair moves myself.

Would it be wrong of me to buy these crappy, expensive bundles, and then take the unopened, unwanted games to a retailer such as Wal-mart or Target and "return" the games? I'm not sure if video games are treated differently when returned without a receipt, but usually a retailer will give you a store credit on a gift card when no receipt accompanies the returned items. I can always use a Wal-mart or Target gift card with $350 on it to buy groceries, dog food, and gas!

I would pick on Wal-mart more than Target, as I have seen where they have PS3 bundle for over $1400 with 12 or so games. Plus the Super Target near my work received some Nintendo Wii's two days ago, and I snagged the last one out of the 40 delivered. I feel indebted to Target for providing this opportunity! :eek:

Why the rush? Wait for the good games and for the console to be available and fixed through updates, I'm not getting it until March 2007 at the earliest.

Yeah, it wouldn't be right to "return" them to a retailer's store that didn't sell them to me online. It was just a thought that ran through my head because I was unable to find a PS3 with the options I wanted. I would spring for a bundle that had 3 extra controllers and a choice of games that I would actually want.

Oh well, if I can't find a console or bundle that fits my tastes...then I just need to wait it out. Waiting for Sony to fix the bugs that are bound to come out is probably the best thing at the moment anyway...and maybe their supply of consoles will be better by then.

I'm still going to be hunting though...