Barry Bonds found guilty...of obstruction of justice.

Not sure, I haven't been keeping up with it closely. I did see Clemens' recent interview where he said his team is working hard on his defense....

Who should have what? Investigate?

Not Congress if anyone at all. If someone needed to, then like all private business it is up to that business to investigate the misconduct of its employees. Baseball itself needs to investigate. If individuals are breaking laws then it is up to local law enforcement to investigate. If individuals are breaking federal law, then it is up to federal law enforcement to investigate.

Last edited:
Totally agree. As much as I hate the Giants and dislike Bonds, this whole thing should have never been investigated by Congress to begin with.
and to think they're about to do the same with clemens. I forgot congress has nothing better to do. I'll leave it at that before it gets political.

Who should have what? Investigate?

Not Congress if anyone at all. If someone needed to, then like all private business it is up to that business to investigate the misconduct of its employees. Baseball itself needs to investigate. If individuals are breaking laws then it is up to local law enforcement to investigate. If individuals are breaking federal law, then it is up to federal law enforcement to investigate.
I find it interesting because the NFL players are using the feds for help. People want Government to stay out of sports I guess, or maybe they don't .

Last edited:
He means who should've conducted the investigation. Honestly, do we really need an investigation that take millions of dollars just to tell us what most of us already know? It doesn't take a genius to know who took steroids
and who didn't. Proof? Personally i don't need proof over something like this if it's going to waste so much money.

I find it interesting because the NFL players are using the feds for help. People want Government to stay out of sports I guess, or maybe they don't .
If the NFL cannot handle their own affairs, then they need some drastic changes or they should not exist. There is no reason for them to have the government get involved

Paging Mr. Selig. Mr. Selig? Mr. Bud "Light" (Kennesaw Molehill) Selig?

The last shred of the moral legitimacy of Baseball's treatment of Pete Rose died 15 minutes after the verdict was read and Felon Bonds was not placed on the "banned list".

Let us review.

Rose: Cheated on his income tax (big whoop). Had a gambling problem. Gambled through undocumented sports betting agents. No evidence whatsoever that it ever affected any game he participated in as a player or manager.

Bonds: Committed 10s of 1000s of major drug felonies. Given immunitiy, he lied and is now convicted of being a liar. The point of his major drug conspiracy was to cheat at baseball. No evidence that anything he purported to acomplish actually happened. No way to determine what he would have done (my bet is "a lot of fly outs" ) had he followed the rules.

Mr. Selig? Mr. Selig?

Is there a less qualified person in a position of authority than Bud Selig?

Paging Mr. Selig. Mr. Selig? Mr. Bud "Light" (Kennesaw Molehill) Selig?

The last shred of the moral legitimacy of Baseball's treatment of Pete Rose died 15 minutes after the verdict was read and Felon Bonds was not placed on the "banned list".

Let us review.

Rose: Cheated on his income tax (big whoop). Had a gambling problem. Gambled through undocumented sports betting agents. No evidence whatsoever that it ever affected any game he participated in as a player or manager.

Bonds: Committed 10s of 1000s of major drug felonies. Given immunitiy, he lied and is now convicted of being a liar. The point of his major drug conspiracy was to cheat at baseball. No evidence that anything he purported to acomplish actually happened. No way to determine what he would have done (my bet is "a lot of fly outs" ) had he followed the rules.

Mr. Selig? Mr. Selig?

Is there a less qualified person in a position of authority than Bud Selig?

Before you defend Pete Rose read the book
Hustle: The Myth, Life, and Lies of Pete Rose

You won't defend him after reading this book

Don't have to defend Rose to state that any system where drug cheats like Bonds, a convicted felon whose felonies are DIRECTLY RELATED to his desire to CHEAT AT BASEBALL is not banned, and where Rose, who never cheated, is, is crazy. A team could hire Bonds tommorrow as a manager, coach, or even player. The Reds have to leave a blank space for Rose's 14. That simply is a rediculious situation. Selig, or hopefully his successor, needs to end the persecution of Rose and allow the last person to break a career record legitimatly to be honored for that before he dies. Or ban Bonds and everybody else mentioned in the Mitchell Reports by 10 AM today.

I think Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame for his accomplishments on the field, but he broke a rule that has been in place for a long time and is in every clubhouse so I don't think he should be allowed back in the game as a player, manager, or anything else. This is coming from a Reds fan and especially a Pete Rose fan.

I think Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame for his accomplishments on the field, but he broke a rule that has been in place for a long time and is in every clubhouse so I don't think he should be allowed back in the game as a player, manager, or anything else. This is coming from a Reds fan and especially a Pete Rose fan.
You have to do a little digging and read the book about Rose . It was much worse then reported . Rose was involved in organized crime.

This puts it best
"Gambling is the worst thing a ballplayer can do, because it undermines the integrity of the game. Since the goals of the gambler are different than the normal goals of a baseball team, fan's trust in the game is shaken.
The use of drugs or other offenses are sometimes punished by baseball. While these may be crimes against society, they are not necessarily crimes against baseball.
Consider a student who passes a final exam under the influence of illegal drugs. The professor might be inclined to call the police, but there's no reason why the student shouldn't get the grade he earned. Then consider another student who cheats on the same exam. No crime has been committed, but as a student that's the worst possible behavior, and deserves the harshest penalty."

The use of drugs or other offenses are sometimes punished by baseball. While these may be crimes against society, they are not necessarily crimes against baseball.
."

Wrong. Here is what an honest Bonds would have done: fly out. Here is what Felon Bonds did, or better yet purported to do: hit a HR. Every action Bonds took in baseball was cheating. He really was not the equal of Ruth or Aaron. So he cheated. Rather than fly out, he bought drugs so he could hit the ball further. He cheated.

(and, unless you know of a drug that makes you smarter, your analogy to a student and a test makes no sense at all).

And, BTW, Bonds was involved in organized crime. Where do you think he got the drugs from?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)