2011 NFL Draft

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
I know this year's draft has lost some luster with the labor dispute, but the fact of the matter is, the draft will go on. And I trust business will continue as normal as I and many others remain hopeful the season will go on.

Now, onto the draft.

Rd. 1: Thurs., April 28, 8 p.m. ET
Rds. 2-3: Fri., April 29, 6 p.m. ET
Rds. 4-7: Sat., April 30, 12 ET

Discuss....

One thing I've noticed in the Mock Drafts. NO ONE is talking about RB's. It seems like a fairly weak class. Mark Ingram is the only one listed in the top 32. Wow.

Anyway CB Patrick Peterson drops to #6?

Can you imagine my Browns secondary with CB's Patrick Peterson, Joe Haden and Safety TJ Ward? In a year or two, those corners could be the best tandem in the league!

For me the draft is boring and a waste of tv time, but that's just me.

I enjoy watching it, I don't watch every pick. But enjoy it, football is the one sport I Still really stay into!

Last edited:
I think this year will not have the same feel. More than likely there will be no trades during the draft other than teams trading positions for future draft picks and the sort.

salsadancer7 said:
I think this year will not have the same feel. More than likely there will be no trades during the draft other than teams trading positions for future draft picks and the sort.

Forgot about that, what will the pats do now with all there picks :)

Peterson dropping to 6. Too much talent there. Some say best in the draft. But, stranger things have happened.

There's 5 picks ahead of the Browns. (Carolina, Denver, Buffalo, Cinci and Arizona).

Carolina and Arizona need and will probably draft QB's. Everyone has Denver taking DT Marcell Dareus, Buffalo taking LB Von Miller and the Bengals taking WR AJ Green.

That leaves Person still on the board at #6. And Mel Kiper agrees....

Interesting comments by Holmgren...

"I believe in the young guy we have," President Mike Holmgren said at the beginning of the draft process. Then he added, "I'm pretty sure we'll take one later in the draft."

He sure loves his QB's.

satjay said:
:) Threw you a softball!! Wondering what my lions will do at 13, Hopefully a Cornerback will be there for them to grab!

There have been some grumblings that the Raiders are trying to trade back into the 1st round, but with the lack of player moment as far as FAs.... I just don't see that happening. :-(

:) Threw you a softball!! Wondering what my lions will do at 13, Hopefully a Cornerback will be there for them to grab!

Patrick Peterson will be the guy to DROP this year, into the Lions hands ...... then the alarm clock went off and reality set in.... not gonna happen.

Lions should get a good player regardless, someone they need as well.

Anyone else think Cam Newton will be a bust? For some reason, he reminds me an awful lot of Jamarcus Russell.

I thought the same....but I have not heard anything about his lack of work ethic...so don't know.

I was listening to someone on the NFL Channel and it made sense, they said Cam will be a bust and Gabbert will make it, stating that if Cam goes # 1 he goes to a poor team that plays against other GREAT QB's in the division, Peyton, Brees for 4 games a year, playing in a difficult division will hurt him.
While Gabbert going to Arizona or San Fran would do much better as the teams in the division are not nearly as good.

Remember, MUCH of the Star vs Bust is determined by where you go and what you can do with it when you get there.

I am sure like in years past we will have SatelliteGuys coverage and analysis of the draft :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)