2011 NFL Draft

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
On the other hand, the Browns NEED a Big Time WR to help with Colt McCoy, it would have been a GREAT pick for the Browns, Now well have to see who they get in the 1st round.

Unless there's a sure fire lock and generational talent at WR available (ala Calvin Johnson or Jerry Rice), I am not a fan of taking a WR high in the draft.

Well, I must say that when my Browns traded down and received 5 picks in return, I was quite happy. Then we traded a 3rd round pick to move up to 21 from 26 to snag NT, Phil Taylor out of Baylor.

While I don't really know much about Taylor, I'm going to trust Heckert/Holmgren and company do. The Browns were in great need of a run stopper on defense. Taylor seems to fit that mold as an agile 334lb nose tackle. From the highlights, he looked like a younger, more motivated Shaun Rogers.

Looking forward to our TWO second round picks today!

Questionable.

Physically, Jones is a freak. He does have a case of the dropsies though. Also, he has injury concerns.

He does have a few issues to work on, and dropping the easy catch during his college days is one of them. On the flip side, for every easy catch that he dropped, he had a "OMG how did he do that" catch to make up for it. And when he gets the ball....forget about it. He, like you said, is a physical freak. He gets the extra yards.

He has been injured a couple of times, but he has missed little to no time because of it, and did you see the numbers he put up at the combine, with a broken foot?

I feel that the NFL can fix his easy drop issue, and if so, you will see this guy on sportscenter for some time.
Now he just needs to stay healthy.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's how you build a team! Stockpile those picks! Brilliant move by Heckert/Holmgren!!! WOW!

It's also worth mentioning that if we go by the trade value chart, the Falcons would have to finish with the best record in the NFL for the trade to break even. Anything less is tilted in the Browns favor.

You must have a short memory. :D How'd it work out two years ago when Mangini traded the #5 to the Jets? It all depends on what players we get with the extra picks.......let's hope that the current jokers in charge get it right.

The Dolphins should get Mark Ingram in the draft & once the NFL labor situation is settled,they should get Vince Young as QB.
yeah nice pick by miami:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. a center to protect henne or whatever that idiot's name is :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. miami,disappointing as usual :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!! think i just got whiplash from rolling my eyes towards the back of my head so much ;):D

yeah nice pick by miami:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. a center to protect henne or whatever that idiot's name is :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. miami,disappointing as usual :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!! think i just got whiplash from rolling my eyes towards the back of my head so much ;):D
Maybe the Fins will be in the market for Kevin Kolb....

You must have a short memory. :D How'd it work out two years ago when Mangini traded the #5 to the Jets? It all depends on what players we get with the extra picks.......let's hope that the current jokers in charge get it right.

True, but Mangini never drafted good. Heckert has shown (at least last year) that he has the ability to find studs in all rounds.

Plenty of QB's still left Rey. Hang tight buddy. Mallet and Dalton come to mind.

What's with everyone passing on Da'Quan Bowers? Do they know something we don't? From my understanding, he's a top of the first round talent. Is his past injury really that much of a scare?

Plenty of QB's still left Rey. Hang tight buddy. Mallet and Dalton come to mind.
despite mallets issues i know he's talented. its just that we've been drafting qb's in the second round a few times in the last ten years and it never works out. so you would understand my lack of faith. i really wanted gabert or whatever his name is.its frustrating.

Goodell had to have expected the reception that he received:

of course. at the end of it all its the fault of BOTH sides. i'll say it again. demaurice smith, wrong guy to be representing the players. real a-hole. he knows nothing about how these players really feel. i love how he says " for our league and for our fans " :confused: really? its the players and owners league you d**k. not of a greedy ass lawyer. just my opinion :) . goodell....... deserved what he got last night thats for sure. i like him but he too is involved in all this mess

Last edited by a moderator:
What's with everyone passing on Da'Quan Bowers? Do they know something we don't? From my understanding, he's a top of the first round talent. Is his past injury really that much of a scare?

I've heard bone on bone in the knee, not a good thing in the NFL. BUt someone may get a steal, if he's OK.

Round two today, here is where the makeup of a team starts to happen can you draft guys In later rounds to start or contribute

What the heck was with the viewer learning who was picked by showing the camera in the green room and seeing the player hang of the phone and react to being told he was being chosen? Kinda strange, and took all of the thunder away from watching the announcement.

Sandra

Goodell had to have expected the reception that he received:

What's with New Yorkers? Even the chant towards Goodell ("We want Football... clap, clap, clap, clap, clap") was to the tune of "Let's go Yankess... clap, clap, clap, clap, clap".

Last edited by a moderator:
What the heck was with the viewer learning who was picked by showing the camera in the green room and seeing the player hang of the phone and react to being told he was being chosen? Kinda strange, and took all of the thunder away from watching the announcement.

Sandra

I also thought it was corny when Suzy Kolber read an email from Mark Ingram's father (sent from his prison cell) that made him cry.

Mark's response? Thanking his Dad for being a "positive influence on his life". Gulp....

What's with New Yorkers? Even the chant towards Goodell ("We want Football... clap, clap, clap, clap, clap") was to the tune of "Let's go Yankess... clap, clap, clap, clap, clap".

When you find something that works, you stick with it. ;)

Interesting how that definitely un-nerved Goodell.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts